Anger,Reluctance,and Acceptance

The sun continued to slowly sink into the horizon as the two children made their way back to the suburban house. Chara was still hesitant to return with Frisk,anxious about how the monsters would react to her presence. However,Frisk was determined to give Chara the happy ending she deserved.

The happy ending she should have had a long time ago.

"Here we are,home sweet home!" He announced as the stood in front of their home,just like Frisk and all the monsters had done when the gang first arrived.

Chara didn't reply,and only stared at the two floored building with a nervous expression on her face.

Frisk looked over and noticed this,his cheerful smile shrinking by a little. "Hey,it's alright. Everyone will love you! Especially mom and dad." He reassured her. "Well,once dad finds out you're back from where he lives,anyways."

Chara looked down at the sidewalk, shifting her weight uncomfortably as she gulped. "Y...yeah well,not everyone is gonna welcome me happily,y'know." She noted in response.

Frisk looked away for a moment. He knew she was talking about Sans. He'd probably be really ticked after finding out Chara was joining the family.

He looked back at her,trying to smile. "Don't worry,I'll...I'll deal with Sans. You have nothing to worry about. I don't think he's gonna try and hurt you as long as mom's around."

Chara sighed. "Okay, b-but if I'm no where to be seen and Sans was the last to talk to me, then you'll be the one that has to worry." She giggled nervously.

Frisk chuckled as well, then looked back at the house,the lights from inside beckoning them to enter the cozy home.

"Well,might as well not keep them waiting. Everyone might be back already!" He quickly walked over to the front door,then looked back at her,a warm smile on his face. "You coming?"

Chara was silent for a moment as she stared up at the house. "Yeah...go ahead,I'll...I'll be right behind you." She replied.

Frisk nodded,then opened the door and vanished inside the homestead,leaving the door open slightly for Chara's convinience. After a moment,she sighed as she looked down at the sidewalk yet again. Why was this happening? Why is this timeline so different?

Most of all,why did she of all people have to be saved in this timeline?

Meanwhile,an herb watched the girl from afar,enraged by her betrayal. But,he was more furious at Frisk,for tempting her down this righteous path.

"That traitor..discarding the deal we had as if it were trash!" He thought to himself. "Ugh...I'll show her....I'll show them all..." The weed then popped into the ground,only leaving behind a small pile of dirt.

Chara turned around,startled by the sound of the shuffling of the grass. Seeing nothing,she thought it might have just been a squirrel or something,and turned back to the house.

Soon,she finally gathered her courage and walked over to the front door and pushed it open.

She stepped inside the house,and was surprised to be greeted by the familiar faces of some of the monsters Frisk had befriended,including their own mother,staring at Chara in surprise of their visitor.

"I told you mom,she's alive! She was just...waiting,that's all!" Frisk announced happily to the goat mother,who had began to tear up. None of them said anything,but they were clearly surprised. Especially Sans,who's sockets went empty.

"M..my child..." Toriel's soothing voice faltered,and turned into one full of somber emotion. She slowly walked over to the girl,who had glanced down in shame. "I-...is it really you? After...w-what seemed like forever,y-you are..."