Redemption

Ever since that day,things had changed quickly. Everyone got jobs, (except for Sans,)made many friends, and quickly got used to their daily lives on the surface.

Mettaton once again became a celebrity,and often preformed with Blooky and Shyren. Undyne wanted to protect their hometown from danger,but since nowadays you can't be a knight,she became a police officer. Alphys had decided that even though they had left the underground,she didn't want to quit her job as a scientist,so she became,well,a scientist.

Frisk was still the ambassador for monsters,and often was helped by Asgore with things he didn't understand,or just was Frisk's replacement if he was sick or couldn't be present.

Papyrus...well,he wanted to work as a chef,but Undyne recommended more cooking lessons first,so he doesn't have a job yet. And Sans...well,he used to work at a calender factory,but was fired cause he took a day off. (Why am I alive-)

Toriel followed her dreams of becoming a teacher, and opened a school for humans and monsters,which Frisk soon started going to.Asgore even got a job there too as a gardener. Though Toriel still couldn't stand to forgive him,she did allow him to work there,only as a chance to redeem himself.

Redemption. Something Frisk wanted for Chara.

It had been a month since Sans' little chat with the girl. When he came back, and Frisk had asked what had happened,He didn't say anything specific. "Nothin much." He said. "Just talked with someone."

Frisk sat at the side of his bed,rolling a pencil up and down the desk in his room. As it rolled to the edge of the table,stopped for a moment,and rolled back,He thought. He thought about school,ambassador meetings,whatever came to mind.

But,for some reason,his thoughts oddly drifted to Chara. How much she denied coming back to her family and acquaintances,how she always smiled,even when she wasn't Happy,and how she always gave him the same cold,blood red stare.

But he knew,under all her demonic aspects,she was just a kid. And from what he's heard,she was just a kind and loving girl. She just forgot that when she died,and needed a little encouragement,that's all.

He stopped rolling his pencil and sat it down vertically so it wouldn't roll off the desk. He got up to open his bedroom door and walked through the hallway into the living room. The only person at the house was sans,since everyone else had either moved out or was working late.

Mettaton and blooky had quickly invested in their own home with shyren, and so did Asgore,but he lived alone. Undyne was having cooking lessons with Pap,Alphys was working in her laboratory,and Toriel was at a PTA conference (since Sans obviously didnt want to go).

Frisk silently walked to the front door,and was about to turn the handle when a familiar voice stopped him.

"Where ya goin kid?" Sans asked,looking up from a newspaper while drinking some ketchup.

"Um," Frisk hesitated. "...I'm going for a walk.." He replied,growing a little anxious.

"That tone tells me otherwise." Sans said,then shrugged. "But okay. I'm too lazy to stop ya." Sans had slowly grown more trustworthy of Frisk during that month,and he didn't pester him much about resetting anymore,since,by now,he had proven that he wouldn't.

Frisk nodded thankfully to Sans,then opened the front door and walked out,closing it behind him. He knew where to go. During one of Chara's visits, she had told him that if he ever changed his mind about sparing or pacifism,she would be in the underground,next to the barrier. That wasn't why he was going of course,he was going because he swore to save everyone. Even her.