That Comedian

"So uh," Sans started,putting his hands in the pockets of his ocean blue jacket. "This is a pretty long timeline kid. At least, a lot longer then the recent ones." He shrugged  "But I dunno. Maybe time just flies when your watching your friends gettin,uh,killed." He narrowed his sockets.

Sans knew what really happened in those genocide timelines. Chara possessed Frisk and killed everyone,simple as that. But Sometimes Frisk wondered if that was what Sans really wanted  to believe. After all,Sans probably hated his guts after seeing his brother die hundreds upon thousands of times.

"Sans,I'm sorry that it took this long,I just..."

"Sorry that what took so long,kid?" Sans interrupted. "Sorry that it took so long to realize that resetting over and over,and pretending that everything is alright is wrong?" Sans interrupted with a snap. He then closed his eyes and let out a deep sigh.

"Look,"He started again,seeming more calm. "I don't wanna have this talk with you, and I never did. You're a good kid,Frisk. You just...ya need to be careful with what you're given,y'know?" He winked. "If god gives you lemons,you can make some lemonade,but you just can't run around with some holy lemons that ya got. Make sense?"

Frisk smiled a little,happy that maybe Sans didnt hate him as much as he thought.He almost even forgot about what he really needed to tell Sans. "Yeah,but there's something else I really need to say." He said.

"Mk.shoot." Sans replied.

"Well,I'm not resetting anymore,Sans." Frisk announced,hopeful that maybe Sans would be,maybe even a little bit, happier than Chara and Flowey had been when they heard the news.

Sans was silent for a moment. "You're....you're not?" He finally said. Suddenly,he closed his eyes and chuckled. "Good one,kiddo...heheh."

"I'm serious!" Frisk said,growing a little annoyed that everyone seemed to think he would lie about such a serious topic. Sure,he may have reset tons of times,but he never kid about it.(oml kill me why)

Sans opened opened his eyes,revealing that his white pupils had dissappeared,and one was replaced by a glowing blue orb.

"Nah. I may be lazy,but I know when I'm being lied to. I ain't stupid,buddy." He held up one bony hand and pointed at his chest. "I know you're not gonna stop. I've seen enough timelines to know that for a fact."

By now,Frisk's smile had faded,and he felt sweat trickle down the side of his head. Sans was one of the people,or monsters, that actually intimidated him.

"Sans,if I reset,you can criticize me whenever you want. But I promise you that I won't. Please...just trust me." Frisk said while trying to smile.

Sans stared at him for a moment,then closed his eyes and sighed. "Alright, kid. I'll take your word for it." He said,opening his eyes again and,mysteriously,his eyes were back to normal. "But if you're lying to me,then we're gonna have some issues, that were gonna have to resolve the hard way."

Frisk grinned happily,not even worried if Sans hated him or not. He was trusted,and that was all that mattered. He hugged Sans,feeling himself get a little teary eyed. "Thank you!"

Sans,a little surprised at first,hugged him back. "Heh,No prob kid." He replied. "Now c'mon,before undyne or paps burn down the hou-" He suddenly froze,his sockets going a pitch black. He felt something. A lot more determination had entered their area,and it wasn't Frisk's. Sans slowly let go of him.

"Kid. Get in the house. Now." Sans said, his voice was grim as he let his blue eye appear yet again.

"What? Why-" Frisk tried to ask,feeling goosebumps form on his Skin.