Pangs of Conscience

"And finally,here's my room." An enthusiastic Frisk said,swinging open his door, a 'welcome' sign hung from the knob.

The bedroom was enclosed in a rectangular shape,the walls and ceiling painted a sky blue. A small desk sat under the room's one window,moonlight pouring down from it. A box of crayons and pencils sat on the table,and drawings were pinned on the walls. Besides that,it had everything a normal eleven year old boy's room would have.A bed,Tv,etcetera.

"It's not much,but I like it just fine." Frisk said after a moment of Chara glancing around the room.

She said nothing in response,so He decided to change the topic slightly,hopefully to make some small talk.

"Um,I don't know what your sleeping arrangements are,and you don't have your own room yet,so you'll probably have to stay in the guest room for now. Probably for this week,at least. oh! Maybe we could even be roommates! Wouldn't that be cool!?"

Chara nodded,picking up a picture frame that sat on the corner of the wooden desk. The picture was of Frisk and all of his monster friends. Toriel,Sans,Papyrus, and pretty much everyone else that had lived in that house. Everyone looked so happy,as if they didn't have a care in the world.

Frisk noticed this and smiled. "Yeah,we took that just recently. Well,actually a month ago. We wanted to celebrate monsters getting back to the surface. We also made some copies,so that we all could have one. Now we can look back at that day whenever we want! Maybe later,we can get you one too!"

Chara stared at the photo for a little longer,then chuckled softly and put the photo back on the desk.

She then looked up at the many drawings that hung on the cheerful blue wall. Most of them were of Frisk and of the monsters. They weren't the works of Picasso,but to be honset,they weren't half bad.

"They're pretty bad,aren't they? I'm not that great at drawing,but practice makes perfect right?" Frisk commented positively.

"I suppose so..." Chara replied.

After taking a closer look at some of the drawings,she found that one of them was of Frisk and Asriel hugging. The most emotional moment during both Chara and Frisk's time in the underground.

She said nothing as she stared at the picture. Frisk's smile slowly faded,and he said nothing about it neither.

"Oh yeah," Frisk started,breaking the silence. "I wanted to give you this when you finally got here. Sorry I forgot,hehe." He dug into his pocket and held out the heart locket that had belonged to Chara long ago,light shining off its small, golden chains.

Chara pried her eyes off the drawing and gasped. "How did you...I...heh...I though you would've thrown it away by now.."

"Thrown it away? Of course not! I know how much it means to you."

Chara hesitated momentarily,then warily took the amulet and stared at it nostalgicly.

She smiled,letting a tear run down her cheek. "Th...thank you...I..." She paused to wipe her eyes with her sweater sleeve. "..I'm so sorry..."

"Sorry? For what? There's nothing you should be sorry for." Frisk replied warmly.

"No,Frisk...I-I hurt so many people,including you...I d-don't deserve to be here. Why.... W-why did you bring me here? I could've...I could've killed you."

"Why not? You could've killed me,yeah,but you didn't. That's how I know you're really a good person. Just because you held a knife through all those timelines didn't mean you were always gonna use it."

Chara paused,realizing that Frisk was right. She could've just picked up her knife when they were about to leave,and took him out while his guard was down. Usually,she would've done this without a doubt...maybe she really was changing for the better.