The Demon

Frisk was quick to chat with the monsters in the underground as he retraced his steps back to the place where he fell.He hadn't done this in a while,so it was sorta new to him.He had gone this way a few times since the first timeline,but gradually stopped,since nothing would ever change.

But now,it seemed as if his life depended on it.He would never be able to do this again,which,to him,was terrifying.But that's how he'd have to live.Like a normal human being.

As he rushed through the underground,the demon like creature was still following him,hidden behind walls,shadows,pillars...whatever was available as a hiding place at the time.

"...what?" She thought. "What on earth is he looking for? A hidden room? Even more dialogue? Does this pathetic creature really think that anything will change just because he came back here later than before? Ugh...what a fool..."

When Frisk finally got to snowdin,he even went to the snowman  to chat with him.While they talked, the demon finally began to run out of patience.

As Frisk was walking away,he heard a voice behind him. "What are you doing?" It asked.

Frisk spun around in surprise and saw her. Chara. She stood there,glaring at him with her blood-red eyes. Frisk had never seen her under the bright,well,dim light of Snowdin.And now that he did,she looked a lot different.

Her hair was a curly, hazel brown mess that hung down to her shoulders.She wore a forest green sweater with a single golden stripe in the middle. Her skin was the color of a porcelain doll,and just to make her look even more like one,her cheeks were a deep petunia pink,And her eyes were a scarlet red...a stare that could pierce your very soul.

"C-chara..?" Frisk stammered. "What....what are you doing here? It's a pasifist timeline you're...y-you're not supposed to-"

"Excuse me..."Chara interrupted him with a demonic snap.Frisk stepped back in both fear and surprise."but I  asked you a question first,idiot." She continued, narrowing her eyes to slits. "Why are you wasting time walking all the way back here,when there's obviously nothing for you to discover?"

"No,chara I'm not-"Frisk started,his voice shaky.

"Ooo,wait,let me guess!"She interrupted frisk yet again,an ear-to-ear grin spread across her cheeks. "You're going to try to kill one of the monsters down here to see what happens when you kill a monster in a pacifist timeline...Man,I'd absolutely LOVE to see how that turns out!"She let out a gut wrenching giggle as Frisk took another step back.

"What? N-no! That's not what I'm planning at all! I just-" He sighed,feeling a little agitated. "I'm just going to see Asriel."

Chara's devilish smile quickly faded. "Oh...? That stupid homicidal traitor? Heh...there's no point. He's probably back into a stupid weed now. You should have gone to see him sooner while you still could,instead of staying late just to see a minor change in the timeline like a fool."

"I'm not looking for a change in the timeline,chara!" He finally snapped back.

Chara froze,surprised by his outburst. He continued "I'm not reseting anymore,okay!? I'm done! I'm done making Sans suffer through the same thing over and over,and I'm tired of you making me kill everyone!"

Chara was silent. ". . . Done?" She started chuckling,which turned into disturbed giggling,finally into insane laughter. "YOU THING THAT'S REALLY IT?! YOU THINK YOU CAN JUST SAY YOU'RE DONE RESETING,AND THEN IT'S JUST DONE!?" Her eyes and mouth began to drip a pitch like substance,but her red irises still seemed to burn into his soul. "CURIOSITY WILL ALWAYS USE YOU AS A PUPPET! YOU CAN EITHER ACCEPT IT, OR YOU CAN DROWN IN YOUR OWN MISER-"

"You should be happy." Frisk interrupted simply,wishing he felt as brave as he sounded.

Chara froze yet again,her eyes and mouth returning to normal. ". . . W h a t ?"

Frisk smiled weakly. "You don't have to kill your family any more..." He replied.

Chara stared at him for a moment,either full of rage,or out of confusion. At this point,frisk was practically praying that she wouldn't run up and kill him,right then and there.

After a few silent moments,chara looked down,letting a shadow cast over her eyes,then smiled the same smile as before. "Hmp. Fine. See how I care. Let curiousity tear away at your sanity."

She looked back up at him,her bloodshot eyes glaring straight at him,causing him to flinch."I hope it's absolutely excruciatingly painful for you."She growled. She then turned around and started to head back into the shadows.

Frisk watched,and immediately started to feel guilty.Since it was his last timeline,he needed to save everyone. "And everyone means chara too." He thought.

"Wait,Chara!" He called after her. She turned around and glared at him frustratedly. "What is it now?"

It was then Frisk than remembered that he was obviously terrified that she was going to probably going to kill him if he annoyed her too much. "Um...y-you know..."He started,scratching the back of his nervously. "You could come back...to the surface,I mean."He tried to smile again. "I bet mom-..um,toriel,Asgore,and Asriel would love to see you again."

Chara looked down at the snowy ground and shook her head slightly. "They think I'm dead, Frisk.I don't want to hurt them all over again."She replied."Besides,Asriel won't feel anything for me if he sees me. Heck,he'll think I'm a traitor if he sees me anywhere near you."

She suddenly scoffed and turned around. "You're wasting my time. If you're trying to save me too,it's not going to work. Have fun suffering without me,Frisk." She than walked back to where frisk had just came from and seemed to disappear...strange.

Frisk stood there for a moment,feeling yet again guilty.He looked around to make sure no monster was watching their conversation,but he saw no one. They may have gone to the surface already.

Except Asriel.He almost forgot

He dashed towards the ruins' exit. hopefully he wasn't too late.

AN:  okay so
Sorry that my update schedule is so hecked up
I may just post once every day instead of twice every other day
So I guess in a way,I'll be posting more often
Anyways,if you're still reading this and didn't just skip through the fanfic,thanks for reading so far! :)