Chapter 9: The ball

(A/N: Song: Safe and sound nightcore male version)

It have been some time after I became Zen's assistant. It's actually fun, I get to see Zen stress over paperwork again. And it is quite funny to watch him, even though he is a bit scary. Sometimes when I'm done with my part he will give me his. Cause he is to lazy, even though he is so hyped about everything else. I hope this will help him with the memories, I wonder how he could remember under that love spell and not now.

I walked down the hallway, I was on my way to Zen's room. He had called on me, even though I am done with today's work. I sighed as I came up to his door and knocked. Zen opened the door and I walked inside. He had a paper in his hand, I looked curiously at it. When I saw the L/N seal, my eyes widened. He looked at me rather serious.

,,Y/N?" He asked.

,,Yes?" I answered.

,,I would like you to come with me to the ball that the L/N family is holding" He said, showing me the invitation.

,,T-The ball?" I asked, as I remembered something.

,,Yeah" He said.

,,I-I can't" I answered.

,,Why not?" He asked.

,,I have to do something that day out of town" I said, so it wasn't completely a lie.

,,I see" He said, looking down.

,,I'm sorry Zen" I said.

,,Its ok" He said, and turned around.

,,Well I going to go then?" I said, and walked outside.

(Zen's PoV)

I just hoped she would be there with me. I don't want to come with anyone else, there is something about Y/N that is so comfortable. I just want to know why she couldn't, a bit of me thinks she didn't tell the whole truth. I'm going to ask her!

I walked outside my room and headed towards Y/N's. I knocked on her door and opened it. She was packing her stuff, I sat on her bed looking confused at her. She looked at me and her eyes locked. I smiled, but she just continued to pack.

,,Where are you going?" I asked.

,,You will figure it out later" She answered.

,,Why are you packing all your clothes?" I asked.

,,I have to" She answered.

,,But aren't you only away for some days?" I asked.

,,Yes but I just have to Zen" She said.

,,I'm sorry I didn't knew I were a bother to you" I said.

,,You aren't" She answered.

,,Why won't you tell me anything then!?" I asked.

,,Because I just can't" She said.

,,Why not!?" I asked.

,,Because I don't want you to find out yet" She said.

,,What do you mean?" I asked.

,,There is something about me you don't know" She said.

,,Does others know?" I asked.

,,Only one" She answered.

,,And that is?" He asked.

,,Oba" She said.

,,Why can he know, when I can't?" I asked, rather annoyed.

,,He found out, by reading my letters" She answered.

,,What?!" I yelled.

,,That's the only reason, I told him not to tell anyone" She said.

,,And why not?" I asked.

,,I want to keep a low profile" She answered.

I got up and walked towards the door. It didnt make any sense she want to keep a low profile but she told everyone she was Fairy Earth. Maybe I can ask Oba, I am his master after all. He have to tell me right? Right?!

-=Time skip=-

I had sent a letter after Oba, and he was on his way. Soon he was inside, and he looked at me. I had a annoyed face and walked towards him. He looked confused, but then broke the silence.

,,What is it master?" He asked.

,,Who is Y/N really?" I asked.

,,What do you mean?" He asked.

,,She said that she doesn't want anyone to know who she really is cause she want to keep a low profile" I explained.

,,And she told you that I accidently read her letter?" He asked.

,,Yes" I answered.

,,I'm sorry master, but she told me not to tell anyone" He said.

,,I'm your master, why can't you tell me?" I asked.

,,I just can't, you will need to find out yourself" He said.

,,I order you to tell me" I said.

,,I'm sorry, but I got that order not to tell you from a higher rank than yours" He said, and left.

Wait what? I'm confused now.