Chapter 19: Castle Confessions

Running towards my room, as I watched the butlers and maids looking weirdly after me. Running as i felt my face becoming redder. I shouldn't be taken aback by this, afterall i was supposed to be a genius! But truth be told, i was only a genius when it came to herbs, when it came to manners and love... That was another story. 

A knock could be heard on the door to my room. My head resting lightly on the soft pillow, as i yelled come in. The noise of the doorknob turning, and the door opening now filled the quiet room, as footsteps neared my bed. The bed matress moved a little down, as the person sat next to me. Just sitting there, not a word was said, or could be heard. 

"Y/N... I know alot have happened to you, and i know my title won't always be enough to protect you.. I couldn't protect you even before i knew who you really where... In fact, both my title and yours might make life harder for us..." He started out, as he stared deep into my eyes.

I just stared at him, blushing having an idea about where this was going. Slowly sitting up as i looked at him. 

"Sometimes a situation will arive where i'm forced to choose my kingdom over you, it's invetiable... And i hope... I need you to understand that, i don't care that it might not be easy for us"

"Zen..." He just smiled, and continued looking seriously into my eyes, as he held my hand.

"Together we can weather the storms, you give me that faith that no one else does. I swear I will protect you and what we have with my life! I know it's strange but i'll need your help too, you are my strenght, my faith and my everything. Heck i might even say you are my destiny, actually i believe you are. My dear n/n, my best friend since we were young. So tell me if i reach out my hand to you, will you take it and become mine?" He asked,  with loving eyes.

"Zen... Of course! You dummy!" I exclaimed, as i hugged him. His eyes becoming wide, as he smiled  lovingly. 

"If i'm being honest, i was so scared some years back... That if i ever fell in love, and confessed that i wouldn't know if they loved me for who i am, and not for my title as the second prince. I was scared that i could never accept real love" 

Tears formed in my eyes, as i looked at him, pulling away from the hug.

"But it's different with you, i know you love me for who i am, afterall you were that little monkey at all the balls we attended as kids, and you didn't care who was a vicounts child, a barons or kings, you just wanted to play like all the boys" 

I smiled, as i looked him in the eyes, i could feel the butterflies flying even more, as he placed his face on my cheek, slowly stroking my cheeks, as he leaned in. Our lips meeting, as we both closed our eyes. Hugging eachother tight, feeling eachothers warmth. His lips was so gentle and soft, that it broke my heart as we pulled away. 

We now sat there, looking at eachother as he smiled, and i blused, but slowly we both leaned in again, and connected our lips, for one final meeting. 

He is my everything, and i guess my parents won't be to dissapointed when they find out, that the love of my life is the second prince, and not some commenor. So i guess, in a way, i'm lucky that i met Zen, and that he one day will be my king.. Or so i hope.

"What are you thinking about?" He asked.

"Oh nothing, just our common duties as royals" I said, smiling.

"Yea, sure about that?"

"Shush it!" I laughed, as i tackled him, placing my hands over his mouth, as i laughed.

He laughed with me, and it was as if nothing changed at all. 

Daily Quote:

You make me
Laugh even
When i don't
Want to smile