Chapter 8

Marco's POV:

When went into the class for detention, I thought about why I liked Star, she was always there for me when I needed her most. I loved the way her eyes shone like diamonds. It meant she was happy and excited, it made me happy. 

I love you, Star Butterfly. I sighed as I realized I had no chance with her. Like I said earlier I was no prince charming or knight that would have a cliche happy ending, things were never that easy in life. Besides Star was probably still in love with Oskar, or liked someone back in Mewni. A guy that was a real hero. 

I looked over at Star and saw her deep in thought, thinking about something that caused her stress, either that or she had Newbury (Is that how you spell it, help me plz!!) because she had purple hearts all over her face. I wondered if she was thinking about me, Marco, stop trying to get your hopes up. Stupid safe kid. 

Star's POV:

As soon as we sat down my first thought was if Marco was okay, I mean he was still really red from earlier and he was really deep in thought as soon as we came to the class. It was making me think he would like someone, I wondered if it was me. 

Get your head out of the clouds, Star. He likes Jackie and he deserves so much better than you, every girl is pretty much better than me. They were all normal, whereas me I was that weird princess, that never acted like one. I was crazy, energetic and I didn't deserve someone as great as Marco. 

When that ran through my head, I just looked out the window, trying really hard not to turn around and ask him what he was thinking about. Then again, I don't really want my heart broken by someone who I can never forget, even when I do go back to Mewni. I glanced over at the clock to see that we only had an hour left.

WOW!!! Thinking about Marco took a lot of time out if my day, but it was worth it. I was glad he was my best friend, it didn't matter if that was all I got I would enjoy every minute. 

Marco's POV

Star was still really deep in thought when I checked on her again. I looked over at the clock, to see that there were only forty-five minutes left. Time flies when I have someone next to me, especially when it's Star. 

WOW!!! I really love her, I didn't think about this Jackie in one day even when I realized I had a crush on her. My thoughts of Star carried on until Miss Skullnicks, pulled me back to reality, " Okay kids you can go! But if you're late again you'll be suspended!" As she yelled the last thing, means Star ran out of the class. 

I tried to catch my breath once we were out the grounds on the way home, but there was no joy. YAY!!! Note the sarcasm, Star, as usual, was her bubbly, energetic self-was had loads of energy and was ready to go home. I hid my smile and thought about how that was the best thing about her, she was always positive. 

Dear my feathers, 

I'm sorry for the really gushy feels chapter. It was to show how much they love each other even though they have only just realized that they do. Also, I really wanted to update you and this was the only thing I could think of. I failed you once again in my quest, but I do hope you enjoy.

From Cherry Mallow-feather.