Chapter 18

Star's POV:

Marco and I ran from the park back to his, then we ran upstairs. We still had a bit of time before my mother got here, and we weren't going to waste it. Marco went to his room to pack, with clouded eyes and a frown on his face. I wish he hadn't thought of this, it was going to destroy him, being away from everything he knows and loves.

After a heavy sigh, I walked into Marco's room and closed to door behind me, I leaned against it and took in the mess that surrounded me. His room looked like a bomb had exploded inside, clothes were everywhere and objects were scattered on the floor. My jaw dropped for the one-hundredth time that day.

"Marco, what the hell is all this mess? Are you okay, you look really stressed?" Marco looked back at me, he had tears rolling down his face and his shoulders were shaking from the sobs.
"Oh, Marco," I whispered and walked forward and gave him a massive hug. 

Immediately, Marco hugged me back, then he carried on crying no my shoulders, but I didn't mind. If he needed me I would be there, no matter what happens. "Marco, maybe running isn't what we should do. If we run my mother will come after us, and that will keep happening for the rest of our lives. And even if she doesn't, you would miss Earth too much, even if you are with me."

Marco looked up at me with determination in his eyes, it made me want to burst into tears as well. "Star, I don't care I'm running with you, I'll get over Earth eventually, I just need you to remind me of that." 

"Are you sure?"I asked I didn't want to make him regret it for the rest of his life. Marco meant a lot to me and I didn't want to let him down in any way or form if that even makes sense.

Marco's POV:

I looked up at Star like she was crazy. "Why would I not be sure?! Are you sure, cause you look like you're about to throw up?!" I screamed at her causing tears to rush to her eyes. I realized what I did and tried to go to hug her. Instead of coming to hug me she backed away and ran out of the room like a startled deer.

I sighed and ran after her, I heard the bang of a door and realized she must have gone to her room. I went to Star's room, but when I tried to open the door it was locked and I mentally faced palmed myself.

Of course, she locked the door, "Star please open the door. I need to talk to you. Just please open the door for me." Eventually, I heard the click of the lock and the door swung open the tiniest bit. I pushed the door open the rest of the way. When I entered Star's room, I saw that Star had her head in her pillow, and I could hear her sobs, even though they were muffled.

I walked towards her and sat down on the edge of her bed, I sighed and laid down next to her, she continued to cry into her pillow, which was probably soaking wet by now. 

"Star I'm sorry, I shouldn't have overreacted and shouted at you. Can you forgive me?"

"Marco... I."