Chapter 14

Star's POV:

I took a seat on the bus and started to stare out of the windows like I always did now. Marco came on the bus a few minutes later, having a confused look on his face. It was probably from what I said.

I wasn't just saying thank you for everything, I guess I was saying goodbye as well. I realized while I was getting my stuff, that I couldn't stay here, not while the person I loved would never love me back. So I contacted my mother and told her that I needed to come home. I didn't tell her all the details, just that I missed home, and had to come back and stay.

She was really surprised and kept asking if I was sure it wasn't important. I had to keep reassuring her that I was fine, otherwise, she would think that I would have to stay and fix things with him, I don't think I could.

He's everything to me, I don't think I could say goodbye, not properly anyway. Me saying thank you for everything he's ever done is the best way I could do it, without actually talking to him in a conversation.

Mother is sending some of the guards to collect me, after school today, hoping it would be enough time to pack all of my stuff and say goodbye to Marco. Looks like my mother was mistaken sending me to Earth, it would have been easier to never have come here, or drag Marco into any of this mess.

Marco's POV:

Half-way to school, I looked back at Star to see if I could have time after my homework and surprise her after school, then, finally, find out what her problem has been these last two days. Then I would become her prince charming, be a hero and help her all I can.

That is if she tells me at all, I began to feel like she doesn't trust me lately, and I want her to trust me again, but I don't know how. Well, I could try and start at the picnic, it would be the best way to start.

Anyway, when I, finally, got that out of my head, I came back to reality and saw that Star had tears in her eyes. Also, she had an empty seat next to her, so the next time the bus stopped, I walked over and sat next to her. She was shocked, so shocked that her jaw dropped and I barely contained my laughter at her cuteness.

"Star, what's been wrong these last two days? All you do is do the opposite of what you would do in those situations. I miss the real you, and I want her back. Please let me help you. I want to be your bestie again." I practically begged. She struggled to hide a small smile, but I still saw, like always.

"Marco, if you don't ask me again til after school, I promise I'll tell you. Is it a deal?" She bargained, and I immediately agreed and shook her hand. We both smiled and I could feel my face heat up, so did Star's and she turned out of the window again, but this time with a smile on her face.