Chapter 10

Star's POV:

I was in my room crying my eyes out while still trying to force the tears to stop. Marco only thought of me as a friend and nothing more. Why am I even crying? I knew I had no chance. I guess my head gave up, but my heart didn't and that got broken now as well. When the thought came through my head, it began crying louder. 

I didn't care anymore. All I wanted was for everyone to leave me alone. I laid down, with my face in my pillow. The tears were still streaming down my face. Star Butterfly. You are better than this pull yourself together, be the queen you're meant to be. I told myself. 

If I did this I would be forced to believe it and I would be back to normal in no time, and Marco would never know I have a crush on him. Taking a deep breath I pushed myself up and brushed the hair out of my face and wiped the tears from my face.

When I took another deep breath to calm down yet again. Then I heard a loud tap at the door. "Star, can I come in? I want to make sure you're okay because you were really quiet on the way home.

I gave a muffled scream and saw my eyes cloud over and I had to force myself to stop when I heard his voice. "Yeah, come in. I'm fine though."

Marco's POV:

I thought I heard a mouse-like squeak come from inside the room but shook it off, thinking it was my imagination. "Yeah, come in. I'm fine though." I opened the door to see that Star had puffy red eyes, and a tear-streaked face. It broke my heart to see her like that. Whoever did that was going to pay.

I was also desperately hoping it wasn't me because if I did I'm sooo stupid. "Star, what's wrong, and don't tell me it's nothing, I know that's not true," I told her and she looked at me blankly, she scared me at that moment, she looked just like her mother.

That wasn't the Star I knew, that Star I would never have been sent to her if she was like her mother. That Star I would never have met, and I couldn't imagine my life without her. 

My jaw dropped, Star didn't even seem to notice that I was in the room, that broke my heart even more. My eyes clouded over and I felt the tears stream down my face, and Star didn't even blink. I took a deep breath, stopped my tears and got ready to talk to her. "Star please tell me whats wrong. We can fix it together, you just have to trust me, and believe I can help you with your problem."

"Marco, you can't help me. It's only a problem I can deal with and that's final." Star said calmly and politely, which made it about ten times worse than it already was. She didn't just look like he mother, she also sounded like her when she was about to get really mad. 

I felt shivers went down my spine, and Star seemed to wince and I felt a shred of hope. Maybe she felt soo bad in the situation that she forced herself to act like this, 'cause the Star I knew would never want to like her mother. I have to fix this, whatever it takes.