4

WEDNESDAY

LUNCH

1:12 PM

Kevin: lol stop being like this

Sandra: like what? Omg I haven't done anything

This is the kind of treatment I get for unblocking Kevin. I really shouldn't have. I've been regretting it little by little.

Kevin: has anyone told you you're the worst texter ever?

Sandra: excuse me😑

Kevin: like your always on you phone yet you take twenty minutes to reply

Sandra: it's *you're and maybe I just don't want to talk to you

Kevin: but we've been talking for three days. You can't lie to me😌

Sandra:🤐

He wasn't wrong. It has been three days of messaging and I questioned every single time I replied back. . Maybe it was because he didn't just ask 'what are you doing' every five seconds and actually knew how to have a conversation. Maybe because his company was pretty okay since Amelia wasn't at school again and spent time at home sleeping out her cold. Kevin on the other hand was almost always on his phone.

"Are you serious?" A voice asked me, scaring the shit out of me.

"What?" I asked, trying not to seem fazed but the smile on Kevin's face let me know he knew he caught me by surprise.

"My contact name."

I narrowed my eyes, trying to figure out the problem here. "What about it?"

"It's just...Kevin."

"That is your name, is it not?"

"Yeah but it's so plain. I mean look at the emojis on my phone for you." He held up his own phone where I could see my contact information.

It said: "Sandra👑❣️"

My eyebrows raised at the emojis, tongue poking in my cheek at this. "Just because you have emojis in my name doesn't mean you have to- HEY!"

Kevin snatched my phone out of my hand and I could see him tapping. "Give it back."

I reached out for it but he held me back before handing it back to me. "Here you go. This is better."

His contact name was now "Kevin👑❤️"

I looked up at him, partially annoyed. "Why a red heart?"

"Because red hearts symbolize the strongest of all hearts."

"Yes, I know this. But why for you?"

"Maybe because I as your future prom date deserves a red heart. Red hearts lead to relationships."

"Kevin. What?"

"I'll catch you later." He grinned, about to jog away from me.

"Nope, nope." I held onto his arm, pulling him back to me. I wasn't about to let him leave after he dropped another bomb on me. Relationship?

"Chill baby, I'll message you after my practice." I was a sucker for pet names but the way he said it made it seem like it was an honor for me to be called that...by him.

I almost glared at him. "Don't call me that again."

"Why not...baby?" He teased, wiggling his eyebrows.