6

THURSDAY

7:56 AM

Kevin: are you a camera because whenever i look at you i wanna smile

Sandra: good morning to you too😒

Kevin: prom?

Sandra: for the last 8384773 times...NO

Kevin: 😔

(2)Kevin: i think its opposite day

Sandra: if it is then you're the most amazing person in the world

Kevin: rude

(2)Kevin: I'll see you at school💗

•••

LUNCH

1:02 PM

Amelia sat beside me at my locker and I watched her glare at a girl that stepped over her outstretched legs. She muttered something in Spanish under her breath and I laughed, flipping through the notes in my binder.

"You're not going to eat?" She asked me.

"Had a huge breakfast." I was still feeling the effects from eating eggs, fruit, bacon, french toast and making a mistake of taking the Belgium waffle and stuffing it in my mouth on the way to school. I had no regrets.

"Perks of your dad being a chef huh?" He owned a restaurant further into town and when he was less busy when Amelia and I were younger, she would come over a lot mostly for the free food.

"You can say that." I mumbled, not really paying attention.

"Hey Ames." A voice said. Amelia and I both looked up at Emil, her ex-boyfriend.

"Hey." She said, in the midst of eating her sandwich and scrolling through her phone. I saw them talking the other day but didn't ask about it. It was weird because they haven't spoken for weeks but all of a sudden they were on normal term again.

"Hey Sandy," he acknowledged me and I gave him a nod back, acting like I wasn't paying attention to whatever was going on with them. "Can we talk?"

I thought Amelia would honestly decline especially when she seemed so uninterested but she surprised me by getting up. "Once second." She told me.

I've been told 'one second' by Amelia before when her and Emil were dating and she usually ended up coming back disheveled. The I-just-had-a-really-good-time kind of disheveled.

I turned a page in my binder, sighing because I didn't feel like I was processing the information properly. Just when I felt like I needed it, my phone buzzed in my pocket and my lack of motivation made me pull it out.

Kevin: are you in the caf?

Sandra: nope

I didn't receive a text for a couple of minutes before I heard my phone buzz again.

Kevin: babe

Sandra: what?

Kevin: hungry?

Sandra: not really

Kevin: wow I even brought you food

Someone sat down beside me where Amelia previously was. But this person firmly made sure I could feel his arm against mine. I didn't bother looking up from my phone to see who it was. Kevin held a small carton of fries towards me and without looking from my phone, I took one.