11

THURSDAY
12:57 PM

"Amelia."

She wasn't listening to me.

"Amelia."

She still wasn't listening to me.

"Amelia!"

Her head snapped up to look at me from her phone where she was reading the subtitles of a show. "What? What? Why are you yelling at me?"

"I called your name like one hundred times."

"Oh sorry I'm just thinking."

"About what?"

"Do you ever think about the end of the year? I mean, it's all coming by so soon and prom is close and so is graduation-"

"Everyday Lia, what's your point?"

She sighed. "I don't know. It's all so overwhelming. Sometimes I feel like I didn't make the right choices."

I wasn't sure what she was talking about. "Is this about Emil?"

"A bit," her eyes flickered towards me. "I haven't exactly told you everything."

"Huh?"

Amelia brought her knees up against her chest. "It started to feel more like a friendhsip and he agreed and also  it wasn't a mutual break up. I broke up with him because I started feeling a different way for someone else."

This was news to me.

"What? How come I didn't know?"

"I-I wasn't sure and it was all happening so fast. Emil understood and we ended it. I have yet to tell the person how I feel about them."

I hesitated. "Who is this person?"

"You promise you won't react?"

"I'm kind of going to react no matter what you say but..."

"Okay," she took a deep breath. "It's Cam."

My eyes almost popped out of my head. Out of the about 600 or so guys at our school my cousin was the one she was into.

"Cam? My cousin?"

"Yeah..." she trailed off, wincing.

I took in her words, a little bit stunned. Amelia and Cam didn't hang out that often and when they did it was usually because I would invite both to an event with me.

So when she admitted that to me, yes, I was surprised.

"Interesting."

"That's all you've have to say?"

"What do you want me to say? That you shouldn't have feelings for him? In case you haven't noticed I don't have that kind power."

Amelia rolled her eyes. "But seriously? What are your thoughts?"

"Are you going to tell him?" I blurted out.

"That wasn't a thought. That was a question."

"And that was you avoiding my question." I pointed out.

Amelia sighed. "Do you think I should?"

"You're the one that was talking about how high school is coming to an end soon. Wouldn't you want to tell him before everything is over?"

Amelia hid her face in her hands, slouching down and groaning loudly. "I was trying to avoid this."

"You were trying to avoid telling Cam your feelings for him. Those same feelings that led you to end a relationship you were in for like two years? Do you not see the problem with trying to avoid it?"