15

FRIDAY
1:11 PM

"Cam, you're coming tomorrow right?" I asked, sliding into the seat in between him and a face i recognized as the student body vice president, Lisa. I gave her a smile and she stared blankly at me. What?

I looked down at the table to see a huge calendar and a notebook filled with notes on it. That's when I realized I was interrupting something. "Oh, shoot."

Lisa let out an audible sigh, grabbing her backpack and slinging it over her shoulders. She picked up the notebook, closing it and the colored pens beside it. "I'll talk to you about this later, Cam. See ya."

She walked away, shooting me a look and Cam laughed when she at a distance. "Why does Lisa hate you?"

"I supposedly took her role in the tenth grade play, remember? She's always held that grudge against me," I rolled my eyes then put on a smile for my favorite cousin. "Anyway, are you coming tomorrow?"

"Where?"

"Amelia's birthday." I deadpanned.

Cam hit his hand on the table, groaning. "Shit, I knew I was forgetting something."

My heart sunk for Amelia at his reaction. "So, you're not going?"

"Oh, I'm going. We planned out this party together earlier. I'm her source to the good alcohol for fuck's sake."

"Then how did you forget?"

"I've been trying to apply to last minute scholarships and council is planning the carnival next month and I just had a lot on my mind," He let out an exhale, folding the calendar. He stopped then glanced at me. "I feel bad."

"It's okay. But you are coming right?"

"Yeah, I'll just be a little late."

"So after her parents leave late?"

"Yeah," Cam laughed. "Remember last year?"

"Don't remind me," I groaned. "The headache I had the next day was so bad I'm surprised my parents couldn't tell I was shitfaced drunk when I came home."

Cam snorted, sitting down. "I hope that Sandra reappears tomorrow night."

"This Sandra has work on the following day so no, she won't appear."

"How sad." Cam's eyes flickered over to a new presence at standing next to him at the table. "Hey man."

I looked up at my ex-boyfriend, Danny as he held a calculator in his hand. He shot me a small smile before extending his arm to hand Cameron the calculator. "Hey. Here, thanks again."

"Next time, how about you bring a calculator to school when you have a test dude." Cam suggested.

Danny rolled his eyes. "Not my fault this time."

"Your brother?" I couldn't help but speak.

He looked at me, that familiar half smile appearing on his face. "Yeah, he stole mine out of my bag and I can't use his since you can't exactly do trig on a basic calculator." We shared a smile before he moved back. "See you guys."

Cam looked over at me, settling in his seat. "So you're okay with yourself talking to your ex but not with Kevin talking to his ex?"

I whipped my head to him so fast. "What? Amelia told you?" It had to be Amelia. I was kind of happy she was finally talking to Cam again.

"Yeah, we were texting the other day. She said you were bothered."

"I wasn't," Cam gave me a look and I sighed. "Okay, I was a little bit but like Danny and I don't even talk. It's a hi-bye relationship now and our break up was because we got distant. Alivia and Kevin's break up was because she moved."

"So you're telling me that you're jealous," I opened my mouth to speak but Cam cut me off. "Shut up."

"Excuse you."

"Shut up and repeat after me: I'm jealous."

I bit my lip and Cam gave me a  look and I sighed. "Okay, fine I am. Kind of."

"Not kind of. You are. So you like him?"

My phone buzzed in my pocket and I took it out, seeing a text from Kevin.

Kevin🍒: are you in the caf?

I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. I looked up at Cameron who was waiting for my answer and I gave him my honest response. "I don't know."

"You don't know."

"I really don't know."

"Are you serious?" Cam grinned and I stared at him.

"What the heck? Why are you so happy?"

"Because you went from not liking him to I don't know. This is progress."

"Progress." I repeated.

"You're giving him a chance," Cam stated. "Finally. Now open up and be honest with yourself. It's almost May and people are starting to do promposals. Just tell Kevin you're interested in him and he can finally prompose."

I bit the inside of my cheek, looking at the ends of my hair as if I was pretending to check for split ends. "Who are you promposing to?"

"Don't change the topic."

Arms wrapped around me from behind and I leaned back into Kevin, my hands on his arms locked around my shoulders. "What are we talking about?" Kevin asked and I didn't have to look up to hear the smile in his voice.

"Cam promposing to someone." I leaned my head back to look at his face and he met my expression with toothy smile.

Kevin let out a dramatic gasp. "Cameron? Really? Wow to who?"

"No one." Cam said with narrowed eyes.

"So you're just going to buy flowers and a make a sign to ask yourself to prom?" I asked him.

Cam scoffed. "Of course not," then he grinned. "I'm going to buy myself chocolate too."

"