Prologue and Trailer.

"Why am I here again?" Harry asks leaning on the cold table. For a moment it seems like his voice is echoing in that little room, but maybe he's only imagining it. Harry is not that sure anymore he's ok. He feels dizzy, his head is hurting and it's so damn warm inside of this room. He feels like he's been inside of it for hours, but maybe he's imagining it too.
His hands are in his hair again, he's messing up his perfect styled hair again. He's clearly nervous. His face is twisted in an expression of bother and probably a hidden anxiety and pain. The last time he has been in the exact same room wasn't that pleasant. He doesn't have a good memory about this place... but can you blame him?

"We're investigating, Harry. That's our job!" Wes' voice is strict, but controlled. He's nervous too. Harry can see it quite clearly, from the beads of sweat on his forehead. He's watching Harry with a frown. Harry was pretty sure that among all, Wes was the only one that was sure of his innocence. He doesn't seem that sure anymore while he paces back and forth while holding tight a light yellow folder in his hands. He knows that Wes' job is not easy and what seems crazier to Harry now is that he really thought about it, he seriously took it in consideration... before everything that happened.

"I've already told you what you needed to know, I don't understand why you need to hear everything again so badly... don't you usually have a report or something?" Harry shrugs, keeping his eyes on the table in front of him while he's talking.
He hates this room. He remembers quite clearly the first time he has been in there. The first of many other times.
He spent 13 hours in here. After these 13 hours, he felt like he was still in here every time he closed his eyes.
He feels better now, he tries not to think about it. Cielo helps him to disconnect his brain, to stop thinking, but now he's living that damn day all over again.
When Aaron first told him that Scarlett had disappeared he was sure that it was just a mistake. He talked to her right the night before, they fucked and then he left. He was so sure that she had just went away for a bit and that she would have came back soon. "It's only a matter of some hours", he kept saying to himself and to the FBI. After the first 6 hours, seeing the way Aaron was yelling at him, asking for informations about his daughter, he understood that it wasn't a joke or a matter of some hours.
3 months. It has been 3 months now.
Harry knows it well, even though he's trying not to count them.
Every day he wants to have news about her, but at the same time he's absolutely terrified. He doesn't know what's worse; hoping for something that is never going to happen or the pain he could have to live with. There have been times he's only wished he would give up on the investigations, because it has been so long already and he doesn't want them to dig more and find other things that are supposed to stay buried forever, but he knows Aaron and he knows he's never going to stop looking for his daughter. But then he thinks about it again and he's not that sure anymore because it's Scarlett. His Scarlett. He loves her. Loved? The truth is that he doesn't know anymore.
After those 13 hours being interrogated by the FBI he started looking for her on his own, but after a bit another idea started infiltrate into his mind; she left, she decided to leave him without saying anything at all. He was sure of it. Scarlett wasn't stupid, she had always been way smarter than him.
So, if someone had asked him this a few months ago his answer would have been quite obvious: Of course he loves her!
But time passes, things change. Scarlett changed. He remembers quite clearly the day he met Scarlett and remembers quite clearly what exactly made him fall in love with her. He remembers the person he fell in love with. He also remembers the last days spent with her, before... everything happened and she just wasn't that person anymore. Isn't that egoistic? Harry asks himself this all the time when he thinks about her. He hasn't been thinking about her a lot lately though, he doesn't want to and Cielo helps him occupy his mind just fine. But, is it egoistic? Wanting people to stay the same. To never change.
Harry claims he isn't selfish, but with the way Scarlett had changed he felt her getting away from him a little by little and he hated it. She hadn't changed for the better, he knew that, everyone knew that. But what truly bothered and worried him was the possibility of him being responsible for that.
Poe had warned him: "Bro, I deeply care for you, but I swear to god, if you hurt my sister I'll beat the shit out of you," Harry knew Poe and he knew he was dead serious about this and nevertheless Harry had smiled and laughed at his words, accepting his conditions without any worries because he was crazy for Scarlett, he wanted to be with her and only her. If you had told him some months ago, that Harry Styles, would have been that head over heels for a girl, he would have laughed at your face. Hard.
And yet here he was.
So, is it his fault if Scarlett had changed like that? Poe is sure of it.
Harry knows, in part, that it's his fault, Cielo's too maybe but he has been trying to convince himself that she had done that to herself. She was the one that grew apart from him. It isn't his fault. He repeats that to himself all the time.
So, yes; he has loved her. But now, he isn't that sure anymore. 

"Yeah, but we aren't working on a disappearance anymore. It's a murder investigation now." Wes' words are still strict, just like the ones that have left his mouth before. Harry doesn't have time to react, or maybe fully process what he has just said. Wes lets fall the folder in his hands on the table right in front of Harry. There are pictures in it. Pictures of Scarlett. On a table morgue. Her blonde hair is wet, not as bright as before and perfectly combed out of her face. Her skin is livid, slightly clearer than her purple lips and almost the same color as the dark circles under her eyes. What catches his sight is a dark sign around her neck. A purplish, almost reddish bruise around her neck. That's not the first time Harry sees a dead body, but he has never felt like that. His body is shaking, so are his teeth even if it's not cold in the room. That's when he fully realizes it. For over three months he thought the girl he fell in love with ran away from him because of some sort of sick revenge and instead it has never been like that. For a moment he thought he didn't love her... he thought about hating her even, because the only thought of her running away from him was hurting him so bad that he childishly decided to start hating her, because it was easier like that... some sort of sick revenge. But it wasn't like that. She was murdered. Her life had been taken away from her.
He feels an abyss digging into the center of his chest, the pain doesn't seem to stop, it just gets worse and worse. Tears are streaming down his face now.
He's looking at the girl in front of him: the one he madly loved, the one he ripped everything of good and pure from, until making her become nothing more than a shell of herself.
How has he ever thought that she had decided to leave him?! He should've known. She loved him... maybe more than he ever loved her and for the first time he feels guilty, maybe it's his mistake; not loving her enough. If he loved her enough, maybe she would still be alive.
He was sure he didn't feel the same way as he did at first about Scarlett, they weren't as close as the start when she disappeared but the abyss digging into his chest at the moment is claiming something completely different. 
She was dead and he spent his time hating her.  It's his fault, he knows that. Everything that has happened to her. The pain is quickly replaced by a feeling of nausea. He has to stand up quickly and run towards the only bin in the room to throw up his soul too. He wants to go back in time, because the memory of the first time he was there, for how terrible it was, was definitely better than this.   
It was his fault. He murdered Scarlett.

Author's notes:
Soooo... that's the prologue and the trailer is in the info box.
It's quite different from the usual fanfics about Harry and that's also the reason it's tagged in mystery/thriller fic but I hope you're gonna enjoy it anyway.
Please, vote and comment just to motivate me to continue this lmao
And of course, let me know what you think x