2.

ONE YEAR AGO

If there was one thing I hated, it was embarrassing myself for sure. And I just did that.

For the whole dinner with the girls I hadn't stopped thinking about him. I can't understand why it's such a big deal, it's not like he's someone important to me, I don't even know him, he's just one of Poe's friend. I guess. Poe never talks with me or our parents about his friends, or better any of his friends in particular.

"Are you always that silent? I thought Avery was more of a silent type" Cielo tells me, on the way back to our dorm. Avery is a few feet away from us talking to someone on the phone. She seems frustrated but I don't focus too much on that.

"Uhm... no, I was just thinking about something else" I say too vague, and she gets it.

"Something you wanna share?" she asks again. I'm not too used to share things with friends, or having friends to share things with at all. It's something new to me. I don't know if I should just tell her it's nothing or just tell her what I've been thinking about for the whole evening. I mean, it's not that big of a deal anyway.

"It's honestly nothing... I was just thinking about my lessons!" I quickly lie, knowing damn well that no one wants to talk about lessons when they haven't even started yet.

When we get back to our room the conversation is archived quickly and Cielo locks herself in the bathroom for a shower while Avery just starts to get ready for bed. For a weird reason, I'm not tired at all though. As soon as I think about getting in bed to read something on my phone I notice mom is calling me.

"It's my mom! I'm gonna take this outside" I say to Avery that just smiles to me in response.

"Hey mom!" I say as soon as the door is closed behind me.

"Hey honey! How is it going?" I missed her voice so much. She sounds happy and I'm so damn glad.

"Good so far! My roommates are very nice" I say while I start to walk without a destination in mind. I think some fresh air will do me just good.

"I'm so glad honey, I told you would have been fine"

"What about you? Everything good with dad?" I ask.

"Yeah, we went out to dinner in a fancy restaurant... we still have to do something without you two here" a huge smile appear on my lips as soon as she tells me that. Maybe I shouldn't be that worried about them being alone after all.

"Good! I hope you both get laid now that I'm finally not in the way" I hear her fake gasping at my words and I start laughing. Sex is always a good medicine when a relationship has a problem.

"Just because you're in college now it doesn't mean you can talk to your mother about sex" she says, fake scolding me. I can hear she's amused by it.

"I mean- of course you can talk about sex with me, but just your sexual life can be discussed. Not mine. Are we clear, honey?" she quickly adds right after.

I've always told my mother everything. When I lost my virginity she has been the first one to know. I've always been quite opened about my sexual life with her and she's never judged me or scolded me for it or for having casual sex. She's always been supportive about my sexuality and the way I approach to it.

"Ok mom, sorry! Now I'll let you go. I'll see you tomorrow" I hear her laughing and she tells me goodbye right after.

I walked actually a lot without realizing and I quickly notice I'm right in front of the campus' library.

I used to spend a lot of time in the library back in Quantico, I really enjoy a good book.
Without thinking too much about the hour I go inside noticing it's completely empty. Well, who the hell spends their first night at the library anyway?! Me, apparently!