28.

Scarlett doesn't know what to think anymore. Her head is heavy, her feet are hurting and she feels completely drained out. Her heart has been rushing out of her chest and Mollie's words are still echoing into her mind. Harry had clearly told her that he had never been in love and that she was the first woman he had ever loved. Despite not trusting him sometimes, she can't imagine him lying on something like that. Once she gets home she immediately kicks her shoes off, throwing them on the ground, one by one, a little bit too strongly maybe.

"Scar... what's wrong?" She immediately raises her eyes toward him, who's standing not so far from her, looking at her with his eyebrows furrowed. "You look so upset..." Scarlett immediately feels like breaking down at his words. She immediately walks toward the couch and sits down, rubbing her forehead. Harry is fast enough to reach her on the couch. He wraps his arms around her and stays silent, waiting for her to say something.

"Mollie has told me something yesterday and I can't stop thinking about it..." she decides to be honest, at least on this whole story. She needs to know if he's honest. She needs at least one sincere person in her life to rely on.

"What is it?" Harry furrows his eyebrows. She sees fear, for one second, in his eyes.

"She told me about a certain Clarice." On his face it immediately appears a hard expression, his whole body tenses up but he still stays silent, waiting for her to go on. "That you were in love with her." He immediately furrows his eyebrows at her words. He looks absolutely confused now.

"What?!" He sighs and shakes his head. She can see that he's quite mad now and she feels some sort of relief in the center of her chest. "I've seen Clarice two or three times in my whole life. A long time ago. I didn't even know Mollie when I met Clarice and I sure as hell wasn't in love with her." Scarlett immediately breathes a sigh of relief at his words. She should've known that Mollie has used her worst fear against her. She made up the story she knew would have hurt her the most. "I told you you should never believe what comes out of that girl's mouth..." Harry sighs, his breath brushing Scarlett's forehead. He kisses it and starts rubbing her aching head with his other hand.

"I want to sleep for the rest of the day... I feel so tired." She sighs, leaning her tired frame on Harry's chest. He keeps rubbing her head and hair, to make her relax and also trying to think of a way to tell her that he has to go. Today is the day. They're going to find out the truth about whatever happened with Cielo's mother.

"Do you want me to put you to bed?" Scarlett nods her head, a slight smile on her pink lips. He lifts her up from the couch very easily and only puts her down once they've reached the — still unmade — bed. Scarlett immediately takes off her jacket, throwing it on the floor and does the same with her jeans.

"Are you coming too?" She asks him, when she notices that he's motionless, at the end of the bed, just looking at her.

"No, I have some things to take care of."

"Like what?" She immediately asks, leaving her clothes be for the moment. Her stare is hard now, just like his is more tensed up again.

"It's about the Cielo thing... after today we might be done for good, so no more me sneaking off on you and secrets..." He tells her with a morbid smile, stretching his hand toward her face to adjust a lock of her hair behind her ear. She immediately grabs his hand and forces him to sit down with her.

"I would like not to have secrets with you now already. I hate it..." she murmurs, kissing the back of his hand. Harry would like to tell her that he hates it too but that would be quite hypocritical of him. There's so much more of his life that he hasn't shared with her and will never be able to share.