29.*

*contains strong sexual content

Hello guysssss,
I wanted to let you know that the story will have 33 chapters total (epilogue included), so we're very close to the end. I can't wait to see your reactions and I hope you enjoy the following chapter!

Scarlett had managed to stagger, with Harry's help, down the tree house and toward the old shed. Harry has tried to convince her to go home but she doesn't want to. She's asked him for drugs again and she's made it very clear that she won't accept a no as answer this time. While she was breaking down, between Harry's arms, she knew she wanted to escape all the pain she was feeling and is still feeling. She's not as brave as he thinks, the truth is that she's never been. When they reach the old shed, though, it's completely empty if not for one person. Scarlett doesn't need to see the face of the person, who's giving them his back now, to recognize him. As soon as Aaron hears them coming in he immediately turns around. His eyes are soon filled with worry when he notices Scarlett's teary eyes and the upset expression on her face. He walks toward her with wide strides and takes her face between his hands to give her a careful look. Scarlett feels shivering behind his touch.

"Are you ok? Are you hurt?" He immediately asks and she lowers her stare.

"I'm fine!" She pushes his hands away and keeps her stare low. She's not sure she's ready to face him right now. She's been trying to ignore everything that has been going on with her life by exclusively focusing on Harry but him being here has just brought everything back.

"No, you're not! Are you high?" He tries to meet her eyes again to examine closely her pupils and then he brings his eyes on Harry, who's stayed silent all along, and glares at him.

"I am not!" She raises her voice and her eyes to meet his, to froze him with her glacial stare. He's never seen her like that. She knows that he knows and Harry's understood it too.

"I want you to come home with me, right now!" Aaron tries to grab her wrists but she pushes him away again. He's done what he knows best. He's done the only thing left she didn't want him to do. He's done his research, as usual. They've ruined her life once and they're about to do it again.

"I'm not going anywhere with you!" She screams at him and keeps glaring at him. All the rage she's tried to suppress or take out onto someone different is coming all out now.

"Scarlett... you need help and he's not doing any good to you." Aaron points his index to Harry, who's still silent. He's already lived all of it and maybe once he was guiltier for it, he's not sure he's the only one to blame for it. He'd like to tell him that he's tried to help her, to tell her that drugs is not going to help, but he doesn't want to blame her for it. He's just going to take the blame, to make all of them think he's the bad influence. After all, he's used to it.

"You're not doing any good to me and I don't wanna be here." She quickly turns her back to him and grabs Harry's hand to leave but he immediately lets it go. She turns toward him with her eyebrows furrowed and an interrogative expression on her face when he doesn't follow her.

"I think he's right, Scarlett..." he murmurs and sighs right after. She quickly glares at him. Her first thought is that maybe he wants to stay alone with her now and she immediately feels jealousy burning in her chest.

"If you don't want me at your house I'll go back to my campus room. No way I'm going back home to them." She glares at both of them, who're looking at her with a conflicted expression on their face. Aaron feels guilty for not paying attention to her for this long. There's something wrong with her but he hasn't been seeing her enough to tell exactly what it is.

"You can stay with me, I just think it would be better to seek some help first." Scarlett bitterly laughs at his words. She shakes her head and brushes her lower lip with her tongue, turning fully back toward them.