10. Present

10. Present

"I don't want to give up on us Sky." Callen said.

He sounded so tired, so defeated. I wanted to light a fire inside of him, to bring him back to his happy self, to the laughing and smiling Callen I used to know. It seemed as if he had mentally aged a thousand years in the span of thirty minutes.

"Noah-"

"Don't." He cut me automatically, looking physically hurt by the mention of the name. "Please don't Sky. I can't. Not today."

I nodded curtly and drank a sip of my Latte. We were going around in circles. I needed him to feed me the cold hard truth that he didn't want me anymore one more time to actually believe it but all he was doing was agreeing with me and telling me he still loved me.

"I'm so tired Sky." Callen whispered, looking down at his cup of coffee. He had his hands wrapped around it to keep the warmth, just as he always did. "I want to keep trying. I do. I love you and I always will. But I'm so tired."

I felt tears rolling down my cheeks. I knew exactly what he meant.

"I know." My voice broke from the tears. "But I can't do this alone. I need you Cal, we need each other. I know that we agreed it was better to just get a divorce but I don't feel that way anymore. I need you."

He finally looked up into my eyes and I wiped my tears. He didn't need to say a word that I was already following him outside, leaving our empty coffee cups on the table.

He didn't have to say anything that I had my arms wrapped around his neck in a matter of seconds, kissing him under the cold rain.

It wasn't a romantic kiss like you see on TV, it wasn't a beautiful loving one either. It held so much more than that. It was a hungry, angry kiss.

It was a hurricane of emotions, all raging to lash out. It was fire, pain, passion, anger, love and sorrow.

But most of all, it was hope.