30. Present

30. Present

I turned to my side on the bed and looked at Callen, unsure of what to say. I held the covers up to my chest. We hadn't had sex for months and so many emotions and things we couldn't say passed through our bodies talking. But now, here we were and I still had a thousand questions running through my mind.

"Are you okay?" Callen asked, shifting his weight to his elbow so that he could tuck a lock of my hair behind my ear gently.

"I... I think I am." I sat up in a seating position and he did the same. "What does this mean though?"

He smiled a little, knowing it was time for "the talk".

"Well, for starters, it means I love you."

My heart fluttered stupidly. It had been way too long since I hadn't heard these words falling from Callen's lips sincerely.

"And it means that I think we should try to work through this together and be there for each other to grieve. That's what we should have done from the start and I'm sorry I didn't realize it sooner."

"So no divorce?" I clarified.

"No divorce." Callen confirmed, lacing his fingers through mine. "I don't want to ever wake up without you by my side little Skylar. Losing Noah ..." He stopped, knowing that we would only restart crying if he started talking about our son. "I just think it'll be a little less hard if we go through this together. At least we can try."

I nodded and lay my head on his shoulder. We still had a lot to work through but at least now I knew I had him by my side to do this with.