25. The past

25. The past

"Cal the phone is ringing, can you pick it up please?

Sky was giving Noah his bath while playing with him with the little toys he had brought in the tub with him. The ringing had stopped so she guessed Callen had heard her.

"Mommy, I made you tea." Noah said, holding a little plastic cup filled with froth of soap.

"Oh thank you!" Sky fake-drank it and smiled. "The tea is so good! Can I have chocolate too?"

The little boy bobbed his head up and down and got to work with the froth. Callen opened the door to the bathroom.

"Sky? Can I talk to you for a sec?" He asked, visibly uncomfortable.

His expression was serious and Sky knew instantly that he wasn't kidding around. She could feel a twisting sensation in my stomach.

"Uh, yeah, let me just get Noah out of the tub."

"No! I want to play more!" He complained.

"I know buddy but we'll just play tommorow alright? Besides, dinner is almost ready, daddy made spaghetti!"

That seemed to cheer him up so he let Sky rinse off the soap from his body before wrapping him up in a towel and getting him out of the tub so she could dry him up. She quickly dressed him in his blue pajamas and kissed his cheek before telling him to go play in his room while she finished preparing dinner with his dad. Noah ran to his room without complain and she turned to Callen.

"What's going on?" She asked, already knowing that what he was about to say wasn't going to be pleasant.

She followed him to their room since it was closer to Noah's and they would be able to hear if he needed them and they both sat on the bed. Callen took Sky's hands in his.

"Noah's doctor was on the phone." He started.

They had taken him to the doctor a few days ago to make sure Noah was doing okay. They had noticed he didn't eat much and had dropped a lot of weight so they wanted to be reassured by a doctor's opinion.

"And?"

"He said we needed to come tomorrow to the hospital because he thinks it would be better to run tests."

"What? Tests? Why?"

"He didn't want to say, he just told me not to panic and that it was just to make sure he was okay and eliminate any hypothesis."

"Okay. Okay." Sky nodded. "Cal I'm seriously panicking though."

"Me too. But he said we shouldn't so let's just trust him ok? I called the hospital and made an appointment at ten."

"Okay." She paused. "Promise me everything is going to be okay?"

Callen kissed her instead, not wanting to make promises he didn't know if he would be able to keep.

------------------------------------------------

(A/N: This picture was in my Pinterest wall, and I immediately thought that this little boy could be Noah so I pasted it here but feel free to imagine him as whoever you want.)