32. Present

32. Present

I closed the zipper of my coat all the way up to protect myself from the cold and Callen took my hand in his as we walked down the path leading to Noah's grave. A lot of bouquets lay beside the little tombstone and I smiled at that. I knew Callen had gone to Noah's grave every day and then every week right after his therapy session and he would bring him super hero figurines. There were already a lot, going from Spider-man to the Flash. Today, he had brought the Hulk with him and he put it down near all the other ones.

We both sat down near Noah's grave and Callen began telling him about a sports game he had seen. I then went on to telling him one of the stories he used to like, doing the voices he used to laugh to.

Somehow, I knew from wherever he was, Noah was smiling down at us and still serving tea made from froth of soap.

When I was done telling my stories, Callen looked over at me and wrapped his arms around me to allow me to lay my head on his shoulder.

"I love you Noah." I whispered to the little grave.

"We miss you little buddy. Score some goals against God for me okay?"

Maybe we had needed to get here, to get to almost getting divorced, to realize that we had to help each other in the worst ordeal we ever had to face.

We sat criss-cross around Noah's grave for the rest of the afternoon, trying to recreate what had once been our family.

------------------------
(A/N: This was the last chapter before the epilogue 😢 I'm going to miss updating this story!)