one: lynexa is a dead ship but ill never let it completely die

alexa san roman sat under a tree outside of jefferson high during her last period. it was around two o'clock and she had a free period, as did her best friend brendon urie. he leaned on the tree, standing above her, as she propped her sketchbook up on her knees. the older smoked a cigarette as she doodled whatever came to mind. 

"so, how's your day been?" brendon asked, blowing the smoke into the air. the danced in the wind until he watched it disappear. 

alexa shrugged, "not too bad, didn't fail my chemistry test. what about you?"

"failed my chemistry test," brendon laughed and alexa slapped him on the knee. 

flipping her sketchbook closed, she forced it into her over packed bag and brendon handed her a cigarette. she thanked him and took a lighter out of her flannel shirt pocket. the lighter was plain white all over except for the metal part that the flame flickered out of. on the base, in messy handwriting, was scrawled buy your own fucking lighter. 

she flicked it and lit her dunhill cigarette that brendon bought from the sketchy gas station down the street where the cashier never asked for id. not that it would matter if they asked either way, they were both eighteen. 

leaning back against a tree, she put the cigarette in between her lips and inhaled the tobacco. her eyes closed as she took the cigarette out of her mouth and blew the smoke up towards the sky. brendon fanned it away from himself as alexa opened her eyes. 

as she gazed off while brendon babbled about how much of a dick their chemistry teacher was, she caught sight of a beautiful girl walking past the two of them with her head down. this girl had the sides of her head shaved, leaving the middle part of her gorgeous brown hair to flow gracefully down the back of her head. some of the top of her hair drooped over to the shaved sides of her scalp, and she seemed to like it that way. alexa certainly liked it.

she had on a little bit of black lipstick that was smeared and had faded throughout the day. around her neck was a choker that had a small, black bow on the front and a tiny golden bell that made no noise. 

she wore a black miniskirt that was just above her mid thighs and a black crop top. towards the bottom of the crop top were two fabric pieces that hung down and tied behind her mid back. she had laced up, slightly above ankle heeled boots that made her look slightly taller than she probably was. 

alexa was gay before, but now she was absolutely head over heels gay for this girl. 

alexa slapped brendon on the knee to get his attention. "brendon, shut up for a minute," she went, getting him to quiet for a minute as she pointed to the girl, "who the hell is that?"

"oh, she's a bitch," brendon replied, putting his cigarette out on the tree and tossing it into the grass.

"have you ever spoken to her? you always seem to make conclusions about people despite never talking to them." alexa accused him. she put the cigarette back in between her teeth loosely. "for example, you thought i was some preppy bitch when we first met, now look at us. hanging out and smoking during our last period. when will a preppy bitch do that."

"no, i've never spoken to her. but, i've heard that some men don't dare to speak her name. if that's true, then what man would dare to speak to her?" brendon said, making this sound like some dramatic movie. 

alexa raised her eyebrows, "i'm no man, brendon boyd, i am no man." 

she kept her eye on the girl as she walked across the campus, one earbud in and one dangling down. brendon scoffed, "then go talk to her."

alexa picked up her back and threw it over her shoulder, "perhaps i will."