nine: this is really short

lynn slammed the door closed and sunk in front of it, listening as alexa said something to the door, hoping she'd hear it. "i'll text you later, see ya tomorrow." then she went down the stairs to go meet brendon at his house.

she couldn't believe she just did that. she couldn't believe she let herself do that. 

she got up off the floor and locked the door, quickly going to the staircase and running to the second floor. she went down the hall and into her bedroom at the very end. as she fell face first into her bed and buried her face in the pillow, there was a knock at the door. 

"i'm coming in, please don't be naked," kristy announced, pushing the door open to see her sister looking dead, "oh my god, what the fuck happened to you?" 

"i'm an idiot." 

"oh boy, what happened?" kristy asked, sitting on the end of lynn's bed as she sat up and faced her sister.

she took a small breath. "alexa kissed me," she muttered.

"okay...did anything else happen-"

"i kissed back." 

kristy slapped lynn hard on the face. lynn let out a small scream and their brother, theo, yelled at them to 'shut the fuck up'. "what the fuck do you mean you kissed her? i told you! don't get attached!" 

"i'm trying, okay? she's just so lovely and nice and she smells so sweet and she's really soft and she makes every place feel like home and just, i know i just met her but she makes everything feel okay. she makes me feel like we're gonna be here forever and i know we're not but she makes everything feel secure and i just want to jump out a window," lynn explained in only a few huffs of breath. she buried her head in her hands. 

"try to talk to dad, i'm sure it won't work, but you never know," kristy suggested, shrugging her shoulders and getting off of her bed. she began to pace around lynn's room, looking at all the little knick-knacks that lynn kept around her room. lynn only had a few things of importance around her room, such as some photos of old friends that she managed to keep in touch with and a scrapbook. 

"i just need some time to myself, okay?" lynn asked. kristy nodded and came over to her, jokingly rubbing her head as lynn shoved her away, smiling. 

"i'm here if you need me, man."