four: im in love with lynn in this fic tbh but she's not in this chapter

it's last period once more, and like always, brendon and alexa are sitting under the tree near the front of the school. alexa is doodling small features that she remembers about the girl and brendon laughed at her. "dude," brendon said, in between laughs, "i remember a month ago you were like, 'love isn't a thing, it's just chemicals in your body,' and now look at you." 

"shut the fuck up, boyd," 

"no! i won't shut up! you're fucking grossly in love with this bitch and you've talked to her once!" brendon laughed, flicking the ashes from his dunhill cigarette into her black hair. she quickly ruffles them out of her locks and slaps him hard on the thigh. 

when he takes a drag and lowers his arm, cigarette in between his fingers, alexa takes it and inhales a small bit of the smoke before brendon takes it back. "you wanna hang out this weekend?" brendon asked, "we could go hang out in a 7-11 and get the workers to think we're stealing shit."

"yeah, that sounds nice," alexa smiled up at her best friend. he bent down and blew smoke into her face. she laughed and playfully slapped him.

brendon and alexa have been friends for nearly eleven years. they met when they were seven and in second grade. they had gotten paired up as seat partners and slowly but surely became best friends. the two really didn't have many friends, since at the time brendon was very outgoing and alexa was very to herself. 

but when she watched brendon eat an eraser and she fell out of her seat laughing, they knew they were gonna be great friends. 

and now here they were, eleven years later. they're seniors and they're smoking shitty cheap cigarettes from a shady gas station outside of their shitty, underfunded school that couldn't care less about what they were doing. "you need some advice on love, darling, you've never had a crush before today."

"not true."

brendon looked shocked as he dramatically threw his hand on his chest over his heart, "you've had a crush before?"

"remember ashley? cute grunge genderqueer kid from freshman year? got suspended for breaking windows when they were high?" she asked, twirling a pencil in her fingers.

"yeah."

"they bought me lunch when i didn't have any money and let me copy their essays on multiple occasions. i was certain i was gonna marry them," alexa laughed as brendon nearly fell over in shock. he literally never believed that alexa had had a crush before today. it seemed impossible. almost everyone alexa had ever met she said she hated.

then fucking ashley came along and fucked his thought right in the ass. 

"okay, whatever, you need love advice. because you're fucking head over heels for unknown name girl and like, yeah she seems cool, but take it slow. don't rush straight into it. don't get her name then immediately text her asking her to marry you. maybe ask if she wants to get coffee with us after school one day at that cute little place we go to a mile down the road. or maybe see what period she has lunch and fuck her in the bathroom. both ways can blow over pretty well. start with the coffee then proceed to eating each other out in the bathroom."

"brendon, you're fucking gross," alexa groaned as brendon pushed her over with his vans clad foot. as she lay in the dirt and dead grass, she muttered, "you're gross, but that coffee idea might work."