two: i'm going to get too emotionally invested in this story tbh

alexa ditched brendon and slowly walked up to this girl. the girl was picking at the chipped white nail polish painted on her long nails. alexa made sure she approached this mysterious girl slowly and made sure not to frighten her. sure, she was acting as if this girl was a horse that would buck her if she approached too quickly, but she didn't want to startle her. 

hell, in this school, taking an hour to approach someone to not startle them could be seen as a threat. alexa recalls when brendon told her about a time where he debated for ten minutes to talk to someone and when he did, they immediately punched him in the face and broke his nose.

alexa did not want to have a fate like brendon. 

alexa gently placed her hand on this girl's shoulder, slowing her walk so she could catch up with her. the girl stopped in her tracks in a startled manner and looked at alexa, who gave her a small smile. "sorry to bother you, but i just wanted to tell you that you look lovely," alexa told her.

she smiled and blushed slightly, murmuring a quick, "thank you." 

alexa's phone buzzed in her pocket but she ignored it. "do you mind if you take a walk with you? i'm not sure where you're headed but i'm very bored and you're very pretty so..."

after giving a small laugh at made alexa's heart sing, she replied, "yeah, sure. i'm just walking around campus, got no where special to be."

"pretty girl like you must have a lot of places to be with very little time to do them," alexa gushed at her, trying to get her to like her as much as she did. 

"you'd be surprised, not many people like me," lynn said, muttering the second half under her breath.

alexa gasped in an over the top manner, trying to make her laugh again, "why would someone not like you? you seem lovely!" 

"shut up," lynn muttered. 

"this might be too soon, but can i get your number?"alexa asked her hopefully. 

she nodded and swung her bag to the front of her body, pulling out a notebook that had a pen in it's spirals. she pulled the pen out and jotted down a ten digit number, tearing out the paper and handing it to her as the bell rang. "i'd love to stay and chit-chat, but i have to get going, i'm sorry! goodbye!" she said as she quickly ran off.  she had a childlike skip in her step as she dashed off to beat the crowd of students pouring out of the building. 

how could anyone not like that girl? 

alexa's phone buzzed again and she pulled it out of her torn jeans' pocket. there were two messages from brendon, both within the span of the time she was with that girl.

im gonna watch you while you flirt with her i feel like a dad -2:37 pm

don't fuck it up kid -2:39 pm

alexa laughed at the two messages and quickly typed out a response. 

i'm not gonna fuck it up -2:40 pm