[ii] Senior Scribe

September 18

September 18

9:30 P.M.

Beacon Hills High School

   Isaac's broken down car emitted loud motorized noises as he made his way through the school's parking lot. He was well aware that he was already late, courtesy of all of the missed calls and texts from Scott and Stiles asking him where he was. The abundance of students dispersed randomly around the lot wasn't exactly helping his punctuality.

     Isaac sighed with relief when he finally spotted an empty spot, quickly taking initiative and pulling into it before anyone else had the chance. He snatched his keys from the ignition and stuffed his phone into the pocket of his gray sweatpants before pushing past the maze of students to get through the front doors.

 When he eventually got through, he immediately sauntered down to the library, knowing that Scott and Stiles were waiting for him there.

He spots them easily upon entering the library, indulged in conversation on the right side of the room beside the checkout desk. Isaac grins and walks over to meet them, his mouth open to speak, but Scott cuts him off before he can.

  "Look who finally decided to show up," Scott fakes annoyance, patting Isaac on the shoulder.

    "I'm not even that late," Isaac insisted, an exasperated chuckle leaving his parted lips. "It's only been-"

    "An hour." Stiles looks to him with a raised eyebrow, "It's been an hour since we first called you."

Isaac grimaced and brought a hand up to rub awkwardly at the nap of his neck. "Oh. Well. Sorry. I didn't get off digging duty until 9:15."

    "Doesn't matter," Stiles trails off, his eyes drifting past Isaac in a daze. "Looks like you got here just in time.."

 Both Scott and Isaac give the boy puzzled looks, following his gaze to the other side of the room. Their eyes immediately landed on two sophisticatedly well-dressed girls, both wearing small smiles as they entered. Phoebe walked off to the side of the room to take a phone call, fiddling with the necklace around her neck as she spoke. Lydia on the other hand, busied herself with talking with the girls around them. Isaac and Stiles' voices caught in their drying throats.

   For Isaac, there were stages that he went through each time he laid eyes on Phoebe. First, happiness. He loved seeing the way her face lit up when she raised her hand because she knew the answer in class, and the confidence and intelligence she exuded. The second stage was sadness, closely followed by sheer acceptance. Isaac routinely found himself pouting over how much he wanted to merely hold a conversation with her, but knew that it would never happen, so he had to accept it and move on.. Until he laid eyes on her again and the cycle repeated itself all over.