[xxii] The Death of Derek Hale

November 6

November 6

8:13 P.M.

Beacon Hills High School

"You're late." Phoebe huffed in annoyance, throwing Isaac a pile of stark black clothing as soon as he reached the top step leading into the school. The girl had already changed into leggings and a plain black t-shirt, and she expected him to do the same, so she motioned silently for Isaac to change into them, and his eyes nearly popped out of his head.

Did he really expect her to change, in front of her, and in public?

"Phoebe, what the hell-"

"It's nothing I haven't seen before!" She hissed, eliciting a groan from him. Now ignoring him, she began to prod at the front doors of the school, trying to find a silent way through. Meanwhile, Isaac scrambled to quickly shimmy into the clothes she'd stored in her car in case of situations like this. It merely consisted of black sweats and a black t-shirt, yet still, it made him feel a bit cooler about their predicament- Which, to add, he knew absolutely nothing about.

Phoebe grunted in frustration and eventually gave up, too many thoughts going through her head to form an actual plan. So, with the heavy boots she'd switched into, she kicked the doors open, nearly breaking them.

"Let's go." She muttered, running a hand through her hair. Isaac stood there baffled for a second before he ran to catch up with her as she led them through the hallways.

The hall was dimly lit and light talking could be heard from a classroom down the hall where a teachers meeting was being held. Phoebe pressed a finger to her lips and motioned for Isaac to follow her carefully or else they'd be caught sneaking around the school. She led him to a storage closet only a few doors down from the populated one.

It was dusty and probably moldy, but apparently, Phoebe didn't care about any of that. She immediately went to the rusty shelves and her fingers began to flip through each and every name she saw in the folders, not missing a single one. When she finally reached the RA names, she sighed in relief, pulling out Theo Raeken's file. She went to work flipping through all of his official papers and documents when she finally hit the jackpot.

"AHA!" She whisper-shouted, folding it up and placing it in the waistband of her leggings. "Come on, we have to move fast."

"W-What? Can you please tell me what's going on?" Isaac whined as Phoebe dragged him down the hallway, crouching past the conference room to get to the principal's office. She silently shut the door behind her and immediately shot the drawers of the principal's desk open and began to scrimmage through them once again.

"I had dinner with the Raekens tonight." She spoke quickly, her hands now moving over all of the letters on the surface of the wood, "I'm pretty sure they believe I killed their son. I also found some really freaky stuff in their house, stuff straight out of a horror film, but that's not even the weirdest part."