[xvii] The Key

October 20

October 20

7:24 A.M.

Somewhere in the Devonford forests

[Slight non-con warning]

It had taken Phoebe into the early morning to get almost halfway through the rope until she fell too tired and passed out. She still had a lot of work to do before she escaped, and then, she had to figure out the next part of her plan; Actually getting away from the two boys, and back to Beacon Hills from wherever the hell they were.

The glass she was using wasn't as effective as she'd thought it'd be, but she was making progress, very slowly. The glass would often slip and slice her hand or fall to the ground where she had to scramble to get it again. Then, she had to wear the rope down with the sharp edges, which proved to be very difficult.

Theo woke up far before Donovan, rolling around and groaning for a bit before actually sitting up and rubbing at his tired eyes. He looked over to Phoebe's tree and saw her slumped against it, her mouth slightly ajar as tiny snores escaped it. He noticed the position she'd fallen asleep in, with her arms inside of her thin tank top and her legs tangled together to keep warm. A small frown formed on his lips.

Looking over to Donovan, he realized that he was still knocked out. With a heavy sigh and much mental scolding, Theo walks over to Phoebe, shrugging his blue jacket from his shoulders. He lightly drapes it over her shoulders and zips it up awkwardly to at least keep it around her. Donovan would surely be mad at him when he woke up, but Theo knew he'd kill him if he knew what he was about to do.

Theo's heavy boots carried him through the forest for a few minutes before he landed on the main road, where their car was parked on the side. He bit his lip and popped the back door open, eyes scanning the foods they had stored that she might like. He grabbed a few fiber bars and a water bottle and slammed the door shut before he headed back into the forest.

He situated himself in front of Phoebe and dumped everything to the ground, a bit too loud for his comfort, and Phoebe's as well. Her eyes fluttered open and she immediately noticed the strange warmth surrounding her body. Looking down, she realized she was sporting Theo's jacket while he sat down criss cross in front of her and opened one of the bars.

"Look, we gotta do this fast," Theo muttered, holding out the bar closer to her face. "Before he wakes up. Eat."

She didn't hesitate to lurch forward and take a bite from the bar, chewing happily. It was the first time she'd eaten in days, and even though the fiber bars were some disgusting concoction of flavors, anything tasted good to her in that moment. Every two bites, Theo would press a thumb under her chin and tilt it back while he held a water bottle to her cracking lips, allowing her to sip from it.

In the middle of eating the second bar, she suddenly stops, looking up to him with glazed eyes. "Why are you doing this?"

"Just keep eating." He grumbled boredly, grabbing the water once again. "And be happy I'm being nice to you."