[xiv] Reconciliation

October 8

October 8

7:12 A.M.

Beacon Hills High School

When Isaac stormed out of the loft, Derek followed closely behind, stopping him before he was too far gone. He crossed his arms over his chest and flashed his red eyes at Isaac, but this time, Isaac wasn't phased by it.

"What the hell do you want?" Isaac growled, clenching his fists tightly.

"Listen to me, Lahey." Derek's nostrils flare angrily and he takes a step closer to him, "I've known Phoebe for a very long time, she's the only family I fucking have, and I've only seen her cry once in her entire life. She never cries, but I know she was trying her best not to back there. This is the second time she's saved your ass, and this is how you repay her!? You really hurt her, Isaac!"

"She broke my promise, she hurt me!" Isaac insisted, waving a finger in Derek's face. "I want nothing to do with her anymore."

"You're just saying that because you're angry and you know it!" Derek pushed on his chest, sending him flailing backwards. "You're such a coward, you can't even recognize the good things in your life. When someone finally tries to help you, you just push them away!"

Derek brought a fist down on the concrete next to Isaac, startling the boy. Isaac's eyes went wide and he scurried away from his alpha helplessly. Derek raised his head and stood back up, crossing his arms again and beginning to walk back towards the loft.

He called behind him as he walked, "You just got rid of the best goddamn thing that's ever happened to you. I hope you're fucking happy."

Isaac let Derek's words sink in, a frown coming over his face. Now, he didn't know what to think. Before Derek completely disappeared beyond the door, Isaac whipped back around and scrambled to his feet.

"Derek!" He shouted, catching his alpha's attention a last time. When Derek raised an eyebrow, he continued, "..What was the one other time she cried over?"

Derek sighed deeply and shut his eyes. "When her dad died." It was obvious that her father's death had impacted him as well, from the way he tensed up and his face dropped. "You aren't the only one with problems, you know. But you'll have to ask her about that yourself."

"You know I can't do that-"

"The full moon's next week, Isaac. You can't hide from her forever. I'll see you then."

6 days later, life for Phoebe Tonsla went on as usual, besides the fact that Isaac hadn't been speaking to her.

It was expected, of course, with the way he screamed at her at the loft. Of course, she was taken aback. After Isaac left, she let the floodgates open, and the tears streamed violently down her face. Still, she said nothing to no one, marching out of the loft a minute later.