[xv] The Vanishing of Phoebe Tonsla

October 15

October 15

9:32 P.M.

Derek Hale's loft

The night directly before Phoebe went missing, Isaac harbored a bad feeling about the girl.

Lydia, Phoebe, and Derek were all in Derek's basement, helping Isaac train to become stronger. Derek and Lydia stood off to the side chatting amongst themselves while Phoebe stood in front of Isaac, who was curled into a ball on the floor. After the heart-to-heart they shared on the night of the full moon, Isaac thought that everything would go back to how they were before, but to his dismay, she was being cruel and distant that fateful day.

She leaned on her Bo stick, looking to Isaac with grim annoyance. Each time he tried to attack her, she would deflect his attempts, sending him crashing to the ground with a jab to his stomach or a hit over his head. She was relentless and everyone in the room knew that he stood no chance against her at all, but she still demanded that he keep trying.

"Get up, Isaac." Her voice echoed through the room, stern and orderly. Isaac gulped and attempted to raise to his knees, but failed when a sharp pain shot up his side and he fell to the ground.

Phoebe tapped the end of her stick on the bottom of Isaac's chin, motioning for him to look at her. When he did, she merely raised her eyebrows at him, telling him that she wasn't playing around. At that, he groans and uses all of his strength to stand back up, getting into a fighting position. She does the same, spinning the Bo in her hands threateningly. Derek crosses his arms and watches the two, wondering what Isaac would do to get the upper hand this time. The tension in the air was thick and the room was so quiet you could hear a pin drop.

Isaac's eyes roam around the room, looking for something that would help him. His eyes catch on to a pillar to the left of them that he figured he could attack her with, if he did this right. He takes a few steps back and cracks his neck before going full-speed at her. She pointed her stick out, expecting him to merely run into it, but instead he jumped into the pillar and jumped down on her.

Or, at least, he tried.

She ducked and he flew past her, landing on the concrete with a hard thud. Phoebe rolls her eyes and runs a hand through her hair, turning around in frustration. "Does anyone wanna try something that's not so fucking predictable?"

When she turned around, Isaac pressed himself against her and smashed his lips against hers, kissing her hastily. Her eyes widened and she pushed Isaac off of her and back into the ground, stabbing her Bo right into the ground in between his legs (And way too close to his privates) as a warning.

"That's the last time you do that, Lahey." She growls, watching as he gulped nervously nodded.

She throws her bo to the side and groans, fanning herself with a frown. "Jesus christ, Derek, what happened to the air conditioning in here?"