[xvi] Raining Glass

October 16

  October 16

7:30 A.M.

Beacon Hills High School

  As soon as Isaac walked into school, he wanted to turn right back and go back to Scott's house. The only thing he had to look forward to was talking to Phoebe, but when he got to his first hour class, that 'only thing' turned into nothing. 

For the first time ever, Phoebe Tonsla's desk was empty. 

Skipping school was so unlike her, and everyone knew this. So naturally, by the time first period started, rumors had already begun to float around the school. She skipped school, she's away on vacation, she's off with some other guy, and many, many more. But Isaac paid no attention to the mindless chatter. His mental panicking drowned out the teacher's voice as he conjured up all of the worst-case possibilities.

What if she was dead? What if her body was out somewhere, just rotting?

Lydia sat next to the empty chair that belonged to Phoebe, reapplying her lip gloss as if nothing was wrong. She was just like Phoebe; Isaac knew that she was just as scared as him, but she had an image to maintain. No crying, no worrying- Put a smile on your face, and pretend everything is okay. 

Scott and Stiles could sense Isaac's discomfort. Though they hadn't outright talked about it, it was obvious what he was panicking about. He bit at his nails and his right leg bounced up and down rapidly as he stared off into space, still thinking of what could have happened to her. Eventually, in the last minutes of class, Scott leaned over to Isaac, resting his hand on his shoulder.

"Isaac," He muttered, causing the dirty blonde's head to whip up to him with glazed eyes prominent, "I'm sure she's fine. Maybe she just didn't feel like coming to school today."

Isaac sucked his bottom lip into his mouth and chewed on it until the bell finally rang. The second it did, Isaac practically sprang across the table and hopped in front of Lydia, holding his arms out.

"Lydia, what the hell is going on?" He questioned, grabbing onto her shoulders.

Lydia's face dropped slightly and she lightly brushed Isaac off of her, "I have no idea, but if you guys figure it out, let me know."

She begins to walk away but Isaac just steps further back, stopping her once again. "U-Uh, did you try calling her? Texting her?"

"Of course I did." Lydia rolled her eyes and let out an exasperated sigh, "I may not get completely involved with all of you guys' supernatural business, I prefer to stay out of it, but that doesn't mean I'm not worried either. I went by her house this morning and her mom said that she didn't know where she was either."