[xx] Just a Ripple

October 29

October 29

10:58 P.M.

Tonsla Household

The town was left in darkness and curiosity after the evacuation, but the police was giving out no information; mostly because they didn't know what had happened either. To their luck, Sheriff had gone into the building alone after the teenagers escaped through the back and called the entire thing off as a prank call and emergency.

Isaac insisted to drive Phoebe's car back to her house, seeing as she was soaking wet and freezing, her teeth chattering harshly. The sound rung in his ears every time her teeth would clamp together and she sound was making him cringe, his features twisting painfully as he hoped that the ride would be over soon.

At one point, he just decided that speaking over her was a better option, starting from when she ran out of the room.

"I was really worried, you know." Isaac muttered, and even though he didn't see it with his eyes on the road, he felt her hopeful eyes boring into him. "I heard a bang right after you left the room and I didn't hear you any more after that and I kind of started to panic, because being in that tiny space was enough to set me off anyway. After a few minutes I ended up tearing the door off and going to find you, and when I got to the pool room, Scott was already there, fighting Jackson. I helped him chase him away and Jackson escaped through the glass ceiling, and that's when you came up."

"I totally saved your ass." Phoebe smirked, hugging herself in her damp clothes even tighter. "I think you owe me a thank you or something."

"You saved my ass?" Isaac feigned offended, "Last time I checked, I was the one pulling you out of that pool."

"And last time I checked," Phoebe raised her voice, "I was the one who had to come up to the top by myself because you and Scott did nothing!"

They pulled up in the driveway and Isaac rolled his eyes before taking the keys out and handing them to her.

"Fine. I'm just happy you're alive."

"And I'm happy you exist." Phoebe suddenly quipped, even catching herself off guard for a second. She had never been the one to say cheesy, stupid lines to people, but that came out naturally and to her surprise, it felt good to get that out even though it wasn't anything revolutionary.

Isaac contained the wide smile threatening to burst but didn't respond as he climbed from the car and walked up to the front porch, leaving Phoebe still behind at the car.

"Some gentleman you are." Phoebe scoffed jokingly before trotting up to his side and opening the front door, revealing a -Once again- dark, cold house.

She sighed and a frown etched into her lips as she muttered, "She's gone again. I'm going to go change. Can you get my bag from the trunk?"

Isaac complied and went back out to the car, humming quietly to himself as he did so. He used her keys to pop the trunk open and sling the bag over his shoulder, but couldn't help but feel strange- Like he was being watched. The feeling followed him as he slowly shut the trunk, his eyes shifting around to make sure they hadn't been followed by anything.