Chapter 7

John Smith was.. Well. He was something else.

The first time Cas had met the man was when they had gone to the airport to pick the man up after his flight in. The British hadn't been alone though, Jody hadn't seemed too surprised by that though and Cas guessed that she had known about that, he had a blonde woman, Rose Tyler, and a black-haired male, that introduced himself as Percy Jackson, with him.

As Castiel realized that the other man was Percy, the man that helped Dean a lot during his days at the mental hospital, the man with those amazing eyes. He now could understand why Dean had said that man was hot because Percy Jackson was definitely hot. He kind of felt bad now for having taking Dean's statement the wrong way and having felt jealous – but that was understandable, right?

He had forgiven Dean a long time ago though. Dean was just... so adorably oblivious when it came to feelings, never realized how much some people felt for him. Cas couldn't comprehend why exactly that was the case, probably the years of abuse, of neglect, of hate. Probably nobody had ever taught Dean what it was like to be loved, what it was like to love. Not that he'd say that Sam didn't love his older brother or that Dean had taken that love for granted, it was just... Dean apparently never seemed tobelieve that Sam loved him.

But Percy made it clear that he had no intentions of being more than a friend for Dean, even if Dean's feelings had been more than taking a liking to the black-haired. Percy seemed to be happy with his girlfriend and, even though he never said anything else, knew that Dean knew that, too, and was certain that Dean never had felt more than friendship anyway. It had been clear that the blond liked Cas more than anything else, apparently.

And the Doctor, who had insisted that everybody called him that and he was just so used to that that he didn't like being called John or Mr Smith - "Don't call me Mr Smith! I may be a few years older than you, young man, but I'm not that old!" - at all. The British accent the man had was rich but the good kind and it was quite charming.

His fiancée had a softer accent but her heart was big and she took Cas and Sam under her wing almost immediately. As Cas asked why they hadn't married yet, she just laughed and told him that John had just proposed to her because she had threatened to leave him and that had done the trick. She knew that John wasn't ready to really marry her yet but she promised that they would be one of the first people to know then –and they would have to bring Dean with them of course.

Quickly Rose Tyler had to realize that mentioning Dean Winchester around his younger brother or Cas wasn't the best idea. Both of them had started acting weird at the mention of his name and she even noticed the stray tear that had escaped Cas's eye even though he had tried so hard to hide that tear.

As some kind of apology she offered to cook that evening, whatever they wanted. The teens seemed to be uncomfortable at first and glanced at each other, only hesitantly accepted the offer but only because Jody glared at them and made sure they realized that they had to accept or she would be mad with them – no matter how hung up they were on Dean, no matter how much they missed him, they still had to stick to some rules and keep their manners.

*~*

They picked up Percy, Rose and the Doctor at the local inn after some time and took them back to the house. While Jody took Rose to the kitchen to help her if necessary and Sam took Percy and showed him around the woods, and probably to the lake that was close, Cas showed the Doctor an empty room that usually was just the room where everything was stored in but in the mean time, the Doctor could talk to everybodythere. Thankfully the room was equipped with a couch.