Chapter 11

The police was working to its highest capacity, every available police officer was out searching for either John or Dean Winchester. It even was on the news that they were trying to find the young boy and his father and that they were happy about any help. Many people had shown up at the forest and agreed to help the police, they wanted to help. Some people just brought something to eat and to drink but the police was thankful for that, too.

Cas didn't really care about all those people helping though. He didn't notice the paramedic that had wrapped a blanket around his shoulder, he ignored Sam and Jody and the Doctor. It wasn't that he didn't know what was going on around him, he just chose not to think about it or react to any of it. He heard that they were talking about him being in some kind of shocked state and maybe that was true but he didn't care.

His mind was so set on Dean, he couldn't help but worry and it consumed him. They had been so close to finally finding Dean, they even had found the place where they had held him for such a long time but when they finally got there, Dean wasn't there any more.

But in order to find Dean Cas had to get up now and actually search, he couldn't just sit around all the time and expect Dean to show up. Of course, that would be way better but he knew how slim that possibility actually was and he had no hopes that it would happen. He had to take things into his own hands and find Dean, had to make sure his boyfriend would live.

He swallowed and looked around for the first time since he had come out of the cabin and it actually surprised him how many people were around the clearing. It came in handy though and he wouldn't complain as he got up and folded up the blanket, deciding to take it with him. He figured Dean would be cold when he found him and the blanket would at least help a little bit. Also, one blanket wouldn't be too difficult to carry around but when he found a backpack he took it and stuffed the blanket inside, also snatching one of the thermos flasks where he suspected some tea or coffee inside as he saw one.

He hesitated for a moment when he saw a gun lying on one of the police car's hoods but then he reminded himself that he could encounter John Winchester after all and it would just be a precaution. He quickly stuck it into the waistband of his pants and took a map of the area before running off.

Nobody had seemed to notice him taking off and Cas was glad nobody had stopped him. He took a look at the map and bit his lip, thinking about something close to the cabin but something that would also be less likely to be considered. There was a quarry nearby that he had to consider looking at and a few canyons that could have been where Alistair had dumped the young Winchester.

Right now he was closest to one of the canyons so Cas decided to go there and then he would go to the quarry. It was worth a try after all, he just had to be careful not to be caught. He was risking more than himself though, he was risking Dean's life if he was caught and that was something he didn't want to happen. Dean was his life and he would definitely make sure that Dean would be around for a much longer time.

*~*

It was just pointless. He had walked all along the canyon, staring down and trying to make out any body but there just wasn't one and as he had walked to the next canyon, there wasn't one either. Of course, he still had some more to look at and he still had to go to the quarry but not finding Dean the first two times was taking its toll on Cas.