Chapter 14

Everything froze in the moment Jody mentioned his brothers.

It wasn't like he hadn't had a good relationship with them, he had loved his brother endlessly and they had loved him more than anything but.. Still. It had been years since they had last seen each other and if he was quite honest, Cas had never expected to see them again.

Maybe it was because he was a little bit mad that he had to go to a foster home but deep down he knew that it had been for his own best. His brothers were all adults and had their own lives, most of them had to travel a lot, too, so there was no place for a teenager that still had to go to school and needed a home.

That still didn't explain though how they had known that he was at the hospital or why he was here. He hadn't been hurt, so Jody certainly didn't have to call them but even if she had, why would she say that there were to men claiming to be his brothers? Jody knew his brothers, at least she knew Michael and Lucifer, the oldest two of his brothers.

As bad as it may sounded, he was glad that his oldest brothers weren't visiting him. The twin brothers that couldn't look any more different or be anymore different as it was didn't get along all the time, so they were fighting often. Also, they didn't like him that much, he was too different from them, he wasn't the perfect kid that wanted to work at the company their father had started.

So, that left Samandriel and Gabriel even though Cas doubted Gabriel would even show up. Maybe it was his cousin Balthazar, that would be quite the surprise. He loved his British cousin that was sarcastic more often than not to bits and he hadn't seen the young man in a long time.

He slowly followed Jody, hoping that it really were Samandriel and Balthazar and not somebody else. Thinking about his big family he frowned slightly as he realized that his brother Raphael or his cousin Uriel could be showing up, too. He doubted that though since those two had always despised Cas and so they would definitely not show up to look how Cas was doing.

"Cassie!" He heard someone exclaim and turned to the sound, sighing in relief as he recognized Balthazar. Samandriel, who was standing behind the British man that was waving happily, just waved a little and smiled at his younger brother.

Cas turned to Jody and smiled a little, biting his lip. "It's fine. I know them, one of them is my brother and the guy that is waving that much is my cousin. You don't have to worry, alright? I'm gonna be fine, they won't kidnap me." Jody didn't seem to be fully convinced but she nodded, leaving Cas alone with his family. She probably didn't go very far but Cas didn't care, he cared more about the two men that had suddenly decided to visit him after not talking for quite sometime.

Balthazar went to hug him but Cas shook his head, taking a step back and crossing his arms over his chest. He had never been a touchy guy and he definitely wouldn't hug his cousin now. He first wanted to know why exactly they were visiting and how they had found him.

Samandriel seemed to understand that point without Cas expressing himself out loud and just smiled a little, holding his hand out for Cas to take. It was a quite weird gesture but Cas just smiled at his brother and shook his hand.

"What are you two doing here?" He asked softly and lead them to a bench, sitting down and looking at the two of them expectantly. He wasn't going to be all happy and family just because they decided to show up and play happy family because that just wasn't what their family was. There were way too many deep rooted problems that would have to be solved before he would even be able to talk to most of his family.