Chapter Seventeen

• Dedicated to To all the Trenchers still reading! <3

Hey guys, here's I hope I long enough chapter for you. It would have been longer, but I got sick and tired of writing just one chapter so I kind of cut it in half. Hope it's still good.

Love Ya<3

~Sam

Chapter Seventeen

(Maci's POV)

I rolled over onto my side to try and see if the killer headache I have will somehow vanish, but that wasn't happening anytime soon.

I couldn't really remember anything about last night except for the fact that Josh and I decided to watch Columbiana, but I really don't remember much of that either.

I sat up to find the space beside me completely empty and looks like it hasn't even been touched.

I started to feel a little worried, but didn't really know why.

The clock read 2:31 a.m. but there wasn't anyone else in the house from what I can see.

I dragged my feet down the stairs trying my best not to make my headache worse until I was about to walk into the kitchen, and find Josh standing there with his back to me talking to someone on the phone.

"I don't know what to do Matt. She did say it, but she was drunk, she won't remember a thing in the morning." Josh whisper yelled. There was a long pause after this.

"I can't just tell her what she said, it's Maci we're talking about. If I tell her she won't believe me and get mad."

I could feel tears start to roll down my face. What is Josh even talking about? And why am I even crying. This isn't something to get sad over.

"I've got to go Matt she'll be up soo-" Josh said this as he turned around to see me standing there with my arms at my side, and tears staining my face.

"Josh. Josh?" I could hear Matt calling.

"Maci I-"

"Don't bother Josh." I waved him off and started to go up the stairs when I heard someone come through the door and close it.

"Don't slammed the fucking door!" I yelled.

"I didn't." Flynn walked through the kitchen to where I stood. "I thought you would be- are you crying?" Flynn asked going all over protective brother like.

"No I'm not. I just poked myself in the eye." I replied rubbing the tears away.

"Did you poke both your eyes?" he raised an eyebrow to show he's not stupid. "What did he do?"

I didn't want to explain this to Flynn because this is going to end pretty badly, so I'll just do what I always do... direct it all on him.

"Where the hell have you been? Do you not realize what time it is?" I demanded.

Flynn was a little hesitant before he answered. "Well I got in touch with one of my old friends."

I could clearly see the guilt on his face, but didn't understand why. "Um, kay."

I started back up the stairs when I heard Flynn yell. "What the hell did you do? I swear to god if you hurt her I'm not going to just punch you in the face this time!"

I sighed before casually going down the stairs once more. I didn't go down stairs though to yell at Flynn, I went down stairs to get the Advil I forgot to grab.

"Maci talk to me." Josh whispered when I walked by.

"Go to hell Josh." I replied, twisting on my heel, and walking out of the room like nothing happened.