Chapter 2

"We can go to my apartment to work," I suggested.

Gee nodded softly, playing with his fingers. It's been a week since he's started here and I've barely heard him speak ten words. He always seemed nervous, shy, and a little sad.

"Do you need a ride?" I asked.

Gee bit his lip. "Yeah, I do."

"Alright, meet me by Mr. Johnson's room after last hour," I said.

He looked at me in confusion. Oh right, he's new. He doesn't know who Mr. Johnson is.

"You know what, I'll meet you by your room," I said. "What class do you have?"

"Art," he said.

I nodded, smiling at him.

"See you then, gorgeous," I said.

The day dragged on until it was finally over. It was finally Friday, too. I stood outside the art room and Gee came out. He was wearing a dark blue long sleeve dress with brown boots that went just below his knees and long white socks poking just out the top of his boots.

"C'mon, sweetheart," I said.

He followed me out to the car, sitting in the passenger seat. It didn't take long to drive to my apartment and I parked outside it, grabbing my keys and unlocking the door as we went inside. Gee looked around curiously. There were white walls that I never bothered to paint, black leather couches, white coffee table and a flat screen tv on the wall. It was open to the kitchen with a breakfast bar, since I didn't actually have a table. Down the hall was my bedroom and a bathroom. Nothing big or special.

"You live here alone?" He asked quietly.

I nodded my head, dropping my bag on the couch.

"W-What about your parents?" He asked.

"They're total dicks so I moved out a bit ago," I said.

Gee blushed slightly, sitting down on my couch. i sat beside him and pulled out my notebook.

"Anyways, how do we think of Holden so far?" I asked.

Gee bit his lip shyly. "H-he's not a very good person."

I nodded my head, writing that down. We worked for a while, talking all about Holden and him at Pencey Prep.

"Pencey Prep is a good name for a band," I remarked.

"You like music?" Gee asked.

I nodded enthusiastically. I pulled him over to a shelf I had, holding all sorts of vinyls. Gee looked through them and I saw the slightest bit of a happy look on his face. Wow, that's the first time I've ever seen him at all happy.

"I like your music," he said.

"Yeah?" I asked and he nodded.

I grabbed one of the vinyls, a Nirvana one. I put it into my vinyl player and smiled. Gee looked up at me, the tiniest bit of a smile on his face. God, I've never seen him anything but sad.

"Dance with me?" I asked.

I didn't wait for an answer as I started twirling him around, spinning us and swaying. And then he giggled. He fucking giggled. I've never heard a more beautiful sound. He looked so happy for the first time ever. I smiled at him as we stopped dancing. Gee was laughing, his Hazel eyes light and happy.

"You're pretty," I remarked without even thinking.

Gee's face fell as he looked down, pulling his hands away.