Chapter 25

LAST CHAPTER!

Sorry it's a bit short

You don't hear me when I say,
"Mom, please wake up.
Dad's with a slut, and your son is smoking cannabis."
No one ever listens, this wallpaper glistens
Don't let them see what goes down in the kitchen.

~~

Mikey was right on edge. He looked like he wanted to kill me. Or Gee. Or both of us. Probably both.

"I think you're just the cutest little snuggle bunny in the world," I cooed, rubbing my nose with Gee's.

Mikey gagged, sitting at the counter.

"Get a room," he said.

"Hm, sounds a like a good idea," I said.

"Ew, no, nevermind," Mikey said. "Don't do that."

I pulled Gee into my lap, kissing him heatedly.

"You two are getting onto my last fucking nerve," Mikey said.

I smiled into the kiss and Gee let out a fake moan. He stormed off into the bathroom, shooing out Sweet Pea. We heard the shower turn on and a minute later it shut off again.

"All the hot water is gone," he stated, opening the door in just his boxers.

"Sorry, the shower is one of our favorite places to fuck," I said. "You know, it's so intimate and hot."

"Ew, fucking disgusting," he said. "With my brother's fat ass? I feel bad for you."

Gee looked hurt as he looked down.

"I'm just glad I have someone yet you're still here living with your brother and his boyfriend," I said. "Seems pretty lame to me."

"No, I can get someone," Mikey denied. "I'm not some fucking loser. Watch this, I'm moving out and I'm gonna be the best person ever and I'm not gonna be some fucking loser like you two. I have friends to crash with and people to party with. I'm fucking out."

He grabbed all his stuff, which was still packed up in a bag, and walked out of the apartment. The two of us just stared at the door in shock.

"Did he just leave?" I asked.

Gee giggled, wrapping his arms around me.

"It's just us!" He cheered. "We can go to New York!"

I smiled, picking him up and spinning around. He laughed, giving me a kiss.

"Let's celebrate with pop and chips," I said.

Gee nodded, going to the bedroom and coming back with a bag of chips and two cans of soda. Sweet Pea came running in at the instant sight of food. We played a movie and I smiled, holding his body close to mine.

My phone started ringing and I cursed when I saw it was my mom again. I went to the bedroom and answered it.

"Frankie, dear, we would like to have our dinner soon," she said.

"Yeah, it's not really a good time," I said.

"And why is that?" She asked. "I gave you money and you promised me a dinner."

"I'm gay," I stated. "And I'm dating a boy who likes to wear dresses."

The line cut dead before I could barely finish my sentence. I walked back out and sat at the couch.

"Who was that?" Gee asked.

"Just Pete," I lied.

"What'd he want?" He asked curiously.

"Nothing much, just asking if he left his hoodie here," I said.

He smiled, cuddling up next to me.

"I love you," he said.

"I love you too," I replied.

I smiled, wrapping my arms around him.

"Let's leave," I stated.

"Leave where?" He asked.

"New York, let's go to Brooklyn, let's start moving in," I said. "We've already got the application approved and we paid the security deposit and first month. We're leaving in two weeks anyways, why not just go now?"

Gee nodded excitedly, hugging me tight.

"Go pack up your things," I said. "How about I go call over some friends for a goodbye?"

He scrambled up and ran to the bedroom while I texted some people. They came soon, all smiling and seeming proud.

"You got rid of the asshole?" Jamia asked.

I nodded and smiled. Gee came out and was completely glowing with happiness. We all helped to get things packed up. Some of the stuff were staying, such as the couch and stools and bed that had already came with the apartment. We packed our clothes and things into boxes and smiled. We'd have to make two trips but we didn't mind.

"You know, Gee, you're gonna still have to come back and visit," Pete said. "I call for a rematch on Space Invaders."

Gee smiled and nodded.

"I'm gonna miss you," Jamia said, hugging the both of us.

"We're only an hour away, we'll be visiting all the time," I said.

"Good, i'd miss your pretty faces," she said.

"See ya, man," Brendon said, giving me a hug. "Don't be a stranger."

We all said our goodbyes as Gee and I got into our car. He rolled down the window and waved back to them as I drove off towards the freeway.

"Were finally going to New York," he said softly, sitting back down and rolling up the window.

I kissed his head, smiling happily. This is all I've ever wanted. Gee frowned in confusion as he reached down between the seat and the console. He held up a book in confusion. Catcher in the Rye, to be more precise.

"Guess we must've forgotten to return that," I said as I laughed.

He set the book on his lap, smiling happily. I watched as he hesitated for a moment before taking off my pink bracelet. Gee reached over and put it onto my wrist.

"What's this for?" I asked.

"I don't think I need it anymore," Gee said.

I smiled, looking at the pink bracelet around my wrist.

"I love you," I said.

Gee smiled, leaning over to kiss my cheek.

"I love you too, daddy," he said.

I smiled, holding his hand tight. In a way, I kinda felt like Holden. He ran away from Pencey Prep to New York, just a depressed kid with nowhere to go. He found purpose again with Phoebe, a new light had shone down on him at the carousel. Gee was just a small, depressed kid. He was leaving to New York too. He wanted something better and happier. He wanted a family. Someone to love that would love him back.

And I will love him forever.