Chapter 7

Gee and I sat together on my couch, watching a movie late at night on that Saturday. My arm was around his shoulders as a blanket covered our laps. The movie finished up and the two of us just sat talking. It was dark around us, the only light coming from the glow of the tv as the credits rolled.

"Why were your parents bad that made you move out?" Gee asked.

"They were really homophobic, they hate that I'm gay," I stated. "I didn't want to live in a home where I wasn't accepted."

Gee leaned closer to me, his head resting on my shoulder.

"I'm sorry," he said softly.

"Hey, don't you worry about it," I brushed off. "Beautiful boys like you shouldn't feel sad."

He looked down. "I'm not beautiful."

I held his chin gently, tilting his head up to look at me.

"Baby, you're the most beautiful person I've ever seen," I whispered.

He stared at me with wide eyes. Suddenly, I felt his lips press against mine softly. I felt sparks go through me, my stomach flipping with butterflies. He pulled away suddenly, his lip quivering and eyes filling with tears.

"I-I'm sorry," he squeaked. "I shouldn't have done that, I'm--"

"Hey--"

"I'm sorry," he interrupted. "I should go."

He stood up, hurrying down the stairs. I followed behind him, grabbing his arm.

"Gee, wait," I said.

He cried, shaking his head as he pulled away from me.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have kissed you," he cried.

He grabbed his shoes in his hand, hurrying out my door and slamming it behind him. I went to open the door but found that it was jammed from how hard Gee shut it. By the time I got it opened, I couldn't see Gee anywhere. I ran upstairs, grabbing my keys before coming back and running outside. I jumped into my car, driving in the direction towards Gee's house.

I drove the distance from my house to his and back. I was sure I would see him on the way but he wasn't anywhere. I felt myself begin to panic. Every time I tried to call him, it went straight to voicemail. I finally drove back to my house, seeing him sitting on the curb outside. I jumped out and ran over to him.

"Gee!" I shouted.

He cried, looking away from me.

"Don't run away like that, you scared me," I said softly.

I grabbed his face in both my hands, crashing my lips against his. When I pulled away, Gee was looking at me in shock.

"R-really?" He squeaked.

I smiled and nodded, running a hand through his hair.

"C'mon, let's go back inside and I'll make you some hot chocolate," I said.

I helped him up to his feet, wrapping an arm around his waist as I lead him back up to my apartment.

"I-I'm sorry for running," Gee cried. "I was scared and I thought you'd hate me."

"Baby, I'd never hate you," I denied. "You scared me half to death when I couldn't find you."

"I'm sorry," Gee whispered.

I gave him a soft kiss and a reassuring smile. "Don't worry about that now, Princess, you're safe and that's all that matters."

Gee nodded, sitting at the breakfast bar while I made hot chocolate.