Chapter 3

The next morning I was just pushing in the pull out couch when Gee walked in. He still wore just my black t-shirt and white knee high socks and he looked absolutely adorable in them.

"Hey, you want breakfast?" I asked.

Gee's stomach rumbled in response and he blushed. Luckily it was Saturday so we didn't have to go to school. I went into the kitchen and grabbed out two boxes of cereal.

"Which one?" I asked.

He pointed to the lucky charms and I smiled, pouring us both a bowl. We sat at the couch and I turned on the tv, seeing that the Saturday morning cartoons were on. I noticed the way Gee's eyes lit up a little as he watched the screen.

"Hey, did you tell your parents you were staying over here?" I asked.

He looked over at me and shook his head.

"Why not? Aren't they worried?" I questioned.

He didn't even look at me this time as he shook his head.

"Gee--"

"Shush, I'm watching cartoons, Frankie," he whispered.

I laughed, looking at the screen. Gee was sitting rather close to me, closer than he usually does. Maybe he's more comfortable with me now. He laughed when one of the little cartoon characters fell down.

An hour later and we were both cuddled up under the blanket. He was even closer now, our bodies just barely touching. Every now again he would laugh or smile and it was the most beautiful thing ever. Gee seemed so much more happy and peaceful, not scared and sad like usual.

I'm not sure how long Gee is staying here. He doesn't even seem to know. He also seems like he doesn't want to leave. I looked over at him, noticing a rather large bruise on his arm. It was fading more now but it was still there, the light blue color tainting his pretty pale skin.

"What happened?" I asked.

Gee looked at me, a solemn look spreading over his face again as he scooted away a little.

"I fell down the stairs," he mumbled.

Fuck, why'd I say anything? He was so happy and I ruined it.

"You want something to drink, beautiful?" I asked.

He shook his head, looking down at his lap. I sighed, sitting closer to him. I wrapped an arm around his shoulder and felt him tense up.

"Hey, you're safe here, okay? No need to be scared," I whispered.

He looked up at me with watery eyes.

"Now, where'd you get that bruise?" I asked again.

"I did fall down the stairs," he said. "B-but...But someone pushed me down it."

"Who?" I questioned and he shrugged. "You don't know or you don't want to tell me?"

He shrugged again.

"Gee," I sighed.

His head rested on my shoulder and I looked at him in shock. God, is he this comfortable with me? I feel lucky.

"M-my mom gets mad at me," he whispered shakily.

"How come?" I asked.

"Because my dad cheats on her," Gee said and I looked at him in confusion. "I-I was an accident, so was my brother. Sh-she blames us and the pregnancies for ruining her good body s-so my dad doesn't wanna do dirty things with her. A-and my brother is never around so my m-mom is always drinking and sh-she takes her anger out o-on me when she's upset a-about my dad cheating, sh-she blames me for it."