Chapter 17

My phone rang and I picked it up.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Frankie!" My mom exclaimed. "I was wondering when we're gonna have dinner with you and your girlfriend."

I looked over and sighed when I saw Mikey holding out a blunt for Gee. I grabbed the blunt, throwing it out the window as Mikey complained.

"Now's not really the moment," I said.

Mikey looked at me and the serious phone call with the smirk.

"Oh, Frankie!" He moaned loudly. "I love fucking your ass!"

I glared at him.

"What was that? I heard a boy moaning. Frank, are you gay still? Are you cheating on your girlfriend?" She questioned.

"No, that wasn't anyone, he's just pretending," I said, walking back into the bedroom. "We're just really busy at the moment."

"I want to meet that girl of yours," she said.

"Maybe sometime later, bye now," I said, hanging up quickly.

I turned around and saw Gee standing at the door.

"Who was that?" He asked.

"Nobody important, just Brendon," I lied.

I didn't want him to think it was such a trouble for him to be here since I had to ask my parents for money for him.

"Come here, sweetheart," I said.

I opened my arms and he hurried into the hug. He was feeling a lot better now, it's been two days since the police came. Not really mentally better, but physically. The bruises were beginning to fade and his ass didn't really hurt anymore. I kissed his forehead and he buried his face into my chest.

"When do we have to go to court?" He asked.

"I don't know, baby, soon," I muttered. "But I've gotta go to work now, beautiful."

He whimpered and shook his head. We sat on the edge of the bed and he was on my lap.

"I'm gonna be back soon, okay?" I asked and he nodded softly. "Think you can be da--my brave little boy for a while?"

I still wasn't sure how he felt about the whole daddy thing after everything that had happened.

"I still want you to be my daddy," Gee whispered, looking up at me. "You're still my daddy, I love you."

I smiled, running a hand through his hair.

"Now, do you think you can be a brave little boy for daddy while I'm gone?" I asked.

Gee looked a little unsure as he bit his lip.

"You're gonna be just fine, beautiful," I reassured. "You can cuddle up here with Olivia and watch some movies, Mikey will be here too to keep you safe."

"Mikey won't keep me safe, he doesn't care about me," Gee muttered sadly.

"How about we play a little trick on him then?" I suggested with a smirk.

"Like what, daddy?" He asked.

"Let's hide all his drugs," I said.

He giggled and nodded.

"I don't like his drugs," he said.

"C'mon, let's go," I said.

Mikey was passed out on the couch when we walked out.