FAQs

If you have any questions about this group, please ask them here!

General Questions

1. Why do I have to be over 17 to join?
Because we will read and discuss mature stories and as parents ourselves we do not feel comfortable asking minors to do so.

2. Can I join even if I'm under 17 since I read/write mature stories?
No, sorry, but we do also have the Spread the Love Club, which allows minors, if you are interested.

3. What if I don't love Romance?
Please don't join. Honestly, this is all we will discuss. If you are joining just to promote your story, we promise it won't be worth it and you might not ever be selected as BOTM.

Book of the Month (BOTM)

1. Do you accept mature stories?
Yes we do, as long as it is Romance. This is why there is an age limit.

2. Can I enter my own books?
No, you don't need to list yours or any other member's. After three months, if you've made 5 recommendations each month,  your name will be added to the pot. When you're selected, you can then choose which story you want to be discussed, including anyone else's Romance story. (See rules for more information.)

3. Can a book be labelled as another genre to be entered?
Mostly yes, but romance must be the focal point. We reserve the right to remove anything from the list that we feel does not meet the requirements.

4. Can it be an ongoing book?
As long as it has at least five chapters. If you have a story you love that's less, you can recommend it later once more chapters are posted.

5. How many books can I enter (the maximum amount)?
Ten each month.

6. How will you decide what book is chosen as book of the month?
We will literally choose it from a pot. Each book will be written on a piece of paper and then thrown into a pot. A hand will reach down there and grab one and wah-lah it's the book of the month.

7. Do I have to make a suggestion?
Yes, each person must make at least 5 suggestions each month to be added to the drawing (after 3 months).

8. What are your preferred genres (other than Romance)?
New Adult, Young Adult, Chick-Lit, Teen Fiction. Preferably no Sci-Fi or Fantasy as they are generally very different than the Romance Genre.

9. Will my story be chosen as BOTM?
Maybe, maybe not. You have no chance until you've been a member for 3 months and only if you submit 5 recommendations each month. And even then, you still might not be drawn. It's completely luck of the draw. We have no control over the outcome.