Chapter 7

We finish eating, so I take my plate into the kitchen and put it in the sink. I go back into the lounge and help Nate put the table back before sitting on the sofa and pulling out my phone. I see a notification from Facebook. Remembering what happened at lunch, I delete the notification and find Nate looking at me from the door frame.

"What?" I ask him, curious as to why he's looking at me.

"Do you want to watch a movie seeing as it's Friday and you're stopping the night?" He asks me.

"Yeah, sure. What film?" I ask him.

"The Fault In Our Stars." He says, looking down with an embarrassed smile. "You might not expect this but I'm a sucker for that movie."

"I love that movie too!" I say enthusiastically. He puts the film into the TV in the lounge and gets some popcorn and pop from the kitchen. He gives me a bag of toffee popcorn and a Tango, leaving himself with sweet popcorn and a Coke. He plays the movie an I get comfortable on the sofa.

{TIME SKIP - SAD PART IN THE MOVIE}

I look over to Nate and see that he's crying. It's so sweet. To cheer him up, I snuggle into him. Therefore leaving my head on his chest, both of us almost lying down. To my surprise, he actually puts his arm around me. I sense my feelings getting stronger for him, but there's nothing I can do. He probably doesn't even like me back, and what if it ruined our friendship?

{TIME SKIP - ALMOST THE END OF THE MOVIE}

I hear Nate's phone vibrate on the floor. Since he doesn't look at it, I pick it up. Luckily, he doesn't notice. I unlock his phone and see that he's got a text from his friend saying 'just go for it, man, kiss her'. Was he talking about me? I hope he is.

It's now the end of the movie. I look at Nathan and he quickly looks away. From the tiny glance I had of his face, his eyes were filled with lust. The confidence inside me had built up since the movie first started, so I decide to go for it. I turn  his head to face me, and kiss him. To my surprise, he kisses me back. 

"I've been wanting to do that since the day I met you." He says to me, smiling.

"Me too." I say, also smiling. I snuggle into him again and feel my eyes getting heavy.

"Hey, I need to get you some clothes to sleep in first." He says to me. Hearing this, I sit up and he walks out of the room, moments later coming back in with a big t-shirt and some shorts.

"They're my old clothes, is that okay?" He asks me. I nod in response as I go into the bathroom and change into the clothes. The t-shirt is black with the words 'One Day' in white on the front, and the shorts are white with black polka dots and go down to just above my knees. I walk in and stares at me.

"You look amazing. He says as he gets up and kisses me. "Will you be my girlfriend, Kacey?" He asks.

"Of course, Nathan." I say. Nathan takes a hold of my wrist an leads me upstairs.

"We haven't got a spare bed, so do you...um....want to..er...maybe sleep in my bed." He says, scratching the back of his neck. I don't respond. Instead, I go into his room, plug my phone in and get into his bed. I feel him get in beside me and snuggle me into his chest, his arms wrapping around my waist. 

"Good night,  Kacey. I love you." He says as he kisses my forehead and we both drift off to sleep.