Cɦǟքȶɛʀ 1

"I'm moving.." The words came out of her mouth slowly. It took you a good few seconds to even process what your best friend had said. 

"Like, far away?" You asked, at the moment what you said had seemed fine but now it sounded plain stupid. 

"Well, uh, yeah.." She said, even she looked like she was about to cry. You didn't, you felt anger. You wanted to punch something, throw something, but instead all you did was stare blankly at her. You had to have expected this, she had moved around the country her whole life. Why would staying here be any different?

"We're going to talk right? Mail and Skype.." You asked. She put her hand on your shoulder.

"Of course, maybe we can even Skype call, so I can see ya'." She suggested. You nodded, not feeling much better. The only person whom you trusted everything to was now probably never going to see you in person ever again. You let that lovely thought sink in for a bit. You were at school, senior year, it was the day before winter break. What a lovely Christmas present.

"So, is this like, the last time I'll see you for a while?" You ask, she nodded, her face held an expression unreadable to you. You looked at the clock, a few minutes left before the bell would dismiss everyone. Why'd she tell you now, why couldn't she tell you sooner so you could enjoy more time with her? 

You sighed heavily and hugged her. The thing was, a hug from you was rare. You never did tend to like to hug people, so you were sure your friend was grateful for that.

"Hey, (y/n)?" She said, holding your shoulders. 

"Yeah?" You say, looking down.

She paused for a long moment before saying "N-nevermind.." You stared awkwardly at her for a moment, but decided to wave it off. The bell rang throughout the school, and your best friend pulled you in for one last hug. You tried to hold onto it for a while, but she pulled away, not even looking back at you.

You woke up with a gasp, sitting straight up in your bed. It was about four a.m. You sighed and laid back down miserably. You have been dreaming of that moment at least twice a week since that moment last year. You brushed a tear off your cheek remembering the happy moments with Alice, your best friend. At first when she left, you and her chatted almost every night on Skype. You wrote about once a month too. Then her replies became slower before they stopped. All you wanted was for her to reply, explaining why she stopped writing. Why she stopped calling. You missed her voice, and you were realizing that the only person on earth that held all your secrets was most likely never talking to you again. Since you were now probably not falling back asleep, you pulled out your laptop and headphones. Might as well do something that could cheer you up. As of late, Youtube has been the one and only thing that could make you genuinely smile.

Scrolling through the recommended section of Youtube, you were choosing between listening to music, Undertale, or some of your favorite crazy haired Youtubers. You decided on a newer JackSepticEye video. You smiled as the familiar voice of Sean blasted into your ears as he screamed "Top o' the mornin' to ya laddies!" into his microphone. You smiled slightly as the hyper guy with green hair played stupid games. After about an hour of watching Jack be.. well, Jack, you felt much better and were ready to go back to sleep. All you could do for now was hope that your dream could be more of an escape from life than that flashback.

☽ ☆ ☾

You woke up to your Grandmother's voice, telling you to wake up. You laid in bed still, however, due to your horrid night of sleep. You had started living at your grandparents's house for about half a year now, ever since your mom died and your dad couldn't seem to handle you. You missed him, but you knew that today you'd see him. Today was Christmas. He only came to visit on big holidays, so this was technically the first time he'd visit since you started living with your grandparents. It didn't really matter to you that much, you were already over eighteen. You were just on your gap year before you went off to college.