Cɦǟքȶɛʀ 2

You tried to calm yourself down as you clicked on your notification. Why couldn't you calm yourself down? You took a deep breath and tried to contain yourself. You clicked on your notification box, and you felt that familiar feeling of wanting to punch something. The notification was just an advertisement for a Google update. You glared at your screen, extremely frustrated, you got all riled up for some crap update you didn't really need. Why were you so excited anyways? Even if he did respond, it's not like you would end up being his friend or anything. Idiot. You mentally scolded yourself. You looked up from your screen. Damn, you really needed a hobby. 

You closed your computer and laid in bed, frustrated. You were feeling extremely bored all of the sudden, and it was freezing outside. Maybe you could go out and enjoy yourself for a bit, you did have a car. It wasn't the prettiest thing, but it was a car. You were about to get out of bed when you heard the sound of another notification. 

No You told yourself. It's gonna be another distraction. I need to go enjoy myself. And at that, you got your coat and boots on. Feeling nice and warm, you started to go out the door.

"I'm gonna go and get coffee for a bit, I won't belong!" You yelled, you heard your grandfather grunt. You took that as him understanding, and left.

☽ ☆ ☾

You rested your head on your hand as you waited for your steaming coffee to cool down. You felt exhausted and confused. You wished you were a bit more grateful for your gift. You took the locket out of your pocket and sighed. Why on earth would your dad want this? You knew that if you started dating it would lead to disappointment. And that there was something no one needed. 

Forgetting to let your coffee cool a bit more, you took a large sip. 

"Huuughh!" You hissed loudly, covering your mouth. Yes, you were a nineteen year old who sipped hot coffee. Nothing special, so you wished everyone else would stop staring at you like that. You tried to feel your pocket for your phone, but realized it wasn't there. Your heart felt like it stopped beating for a second. Crap, you must have left it at home. You sighed. Screw it, I'll be fine without a phone for an hour. you told yourself. 

Making sure your coffee was cool enough to drink, you took a cautious sip. It was a delicious blend of seasonal mint and bitter coffee. You were surprised they were open for Christmas, but you were glad they were. 

After the coffee was gone, you stretched in your seat. It hadn't seemed to wake you up too much, but it was better than before. You yawned and left the building and climbed into your car and started driving. 

You felt your eyes closing. Crap! This isn't safe! You told yourself as you skidded to a stop, almost driving through a red light. You took a deep breath and started driving again once the light was green.

When you finally arrived home, you felt immense relief. It was a little nice, going out and doing something for a change. Maybe you should do it more often, when you're a bit more well rested.
"'M back!" You yelled, your grandmother came into view.

"Oh, hello. Did you enjoy yourself?" She asked. You smiled, you loved your grandmother. She was kind, but always let your grandfather rule the house.