Cɦǟքȶɛʀ 16

Your hand hovered over your screen for only split second before you hurriedly tapped on Alice's name. Your eyes widened and you took a deep breath.

"(Y/n)? What's goin' on?" Sean asked, observing your reaction.

"My, my friend that stopped talking to me messaged me.." You breathed.

"Really?" He asked, still tired but showing more emotion. You viewed the page, she attached a file in a message that contained no words, instead, a picture of you, onstage, at Pax East. You quickly typed back another message.

Alice? Hello? Where'd you get that from?>>

You took a second to breath, she wasn't replying right away but her status was online.

<<Hey (y/n), so, have I missed out on your extreme adventures or what, your dad is worried sick, all I could do was show him the picture. He has no idea where you are.

You frowned at your screen, she wasn't even talking to you because she wanted to, only because your dad wanted her to. Your excitement level dropped as you typed back a response.

Oh gosh I know I should have texted him or something, and yeah, I was on the panel with Jack.. but he knew I was going to Pax!>>

<<Maybe so, but where after? Your dad went to your grandparent's place so he could be with you for Valentines day just to see the house was empty except for your traumatized grandfather.

Skype call me.>>

You sent the last message with boldness, if this conversation was going to continue it needed to be face to face. Alice didn't waste time when she decided to call you, the invitation came right through.

"Uh, Sean, my friend's Skype calling me, I have to except it." You said sitting down. Sean merely nodded, but his expression was clear that he was wondering what was going on. You accepted the call and Alice's face filled the screen. You took a moment, just a moment, to take it in. Her face was shallower and pale. She looked tired but there she was, she somehow kept all of the beauty she had always had, there was your best friend.

"Alice.. I.." You started, you didn't know whether to be mad or happy, emotions stirred in your brain so you were just left in silence.

"(Y/n), I missed you, dammit I've missed you so fucking much.." She said, her eyes were tearing up, you felt youself getting emotional too.

"Alice.. why? Why did you stop messaging me?" You asked. She shook her head with sorrow and regret.

"My, my mom.. she said I needed to focus on school, I was going to college! I was excited, so excited (y/n), but then she told me it would be better for me to stop messaging you and focus solely on schoolwork. It was always in her dreams for me to become an architect just like my father, and it required the most amount of training. I decided that she was right, so I stopped.. I don't know why I decided to listen to her now, she had suggested it even in high school and I always had refused. (Y/n) I don't think I realized how much I missed you until I saw the panel and I saw you.. living the dream, next to your idols, and I was thinking why did I let you go, you got the Youtubers and I have papers. (Y/n).. I, I have to admit something.. I never moved away at all.." Alice poured out. You felt your insides go numb as you watched her face in complete silence.

"So.. you lied to me." You said blankly.

"(Y/n) Please, please understand!" She pleaded. You tensed up, starting to feel angry.