Cɦǟքȶɛʀ 14

You woke up groggily, sunlight streamed through a window in Sean's recording room. It has been a week now since you had "Moved in" with Sean. It was also the first time you slept in that whole week. You sat up groggily, Sean usually would be awake by now, it was a pleasant day outside, there were no clouds out. With a startling moment of remembrance, you recalled that it was February seventh, Sean's birthday. The past week you had given him probably wasn't a nice gift, the comments wouldn't stop either. Sean and you didn't know how to respond, so you guys didn't address the problem at all. Responses would have to be very well thought out anyways. People took Signe's comment as an accusation, which neither you or Sean had figured out if she was just stating something or if she was trying to turn people away from him, but either way it had caused the chaos. Today you were going to be determined to help Sean's week improve and to appreciate himself, you still hadn't forgotten his face when you first got to his apartment that night you told him how great he was.

You decided to get up, and you were surprised breakfast wasn't ready for you when you got downstairs. The previous week Sean went out of his way to make breakfast before you came down the stairs, which you appreciated a lot and you weren't trying to be selfish, but you wondered where he was. The house was quiet, you wondered if Sean had even gotten up yet. Well, it's his birthday, I'll let him sleep. You thought so you decided to try and make breakfast yourself. Most of the time you'd eat breakfast from easily cooked things such as frozen waffles or cereal, so making him a nice breakfast would be a challenge, a challenge you were willing to accept nonetheless. You decided on the most cliche breakfast ever, pancakes. It was something you figured you couldn't mess up too badly, you just hoped he wouldn't wake up before you were finished.

You got to work in the kitchen, taking out the ingredients you found on a recipe on your phone. It was going okay until you realized the pancakes wouldn't rise. They were literally flat and almost impossible to flip.

"Great, fantastic." You said, clearly irritated. You tried to pay no attention to your stomach's loud growl until it started to hurt. Breakfast wasn't going anywhere and you were getting hungrier by the minute, it didn't take you long to completely give up. You did your best to dispose of the now burnt world's flattest pancakes and rid the room of the smell, and yet Sean still wasn't awake.

Am I going to have to wake him up? This is ridiculous, it's almost nine. You thought to yourself as you finished cleaning up. You walked towards his room and knocked on his door, you heard movement, telling you he was finally awake.

"Sean, I'm sorry and I know it's your birthday, but I ruined breakfast and.. Oh gosh nevermind sorry." You said, realizing that waking him upon his birthday was selfish. You heard Sean chuckle from inside his room.

"I'll get up and make breakfast just gimme a minute (y/n), and g'mornin'." He said, he didn't sound irritated, he sounded completely okay with the fact you woke him up on his birthday. In about five minutes he got out of his room to make breakfast. He did in fact look like he just woke up, his glasses were slightly lopsided on his face and his green hair was disheveled in a way that you found kind of cute.

"So, what did yeh try makin' for breakfast anyways?" He asked as you sat down, he was just finishing up making some French toast.

"Pancakes, I wanted to make breakfast for your birthday, especially because you were so tired, sorry that it didn't work out.." You said apologetically.

"It's fine, at least I have been improving my cooking skills." He said optimistically. You had to smile at his positive attitude, it was contagious.

"Are we doing anything for your birthday?" You asked.

"Oh yeah, Mark wanted to Skype call me, thanks you actually reminded me of that I'm supposed to message him when I can call him." He said. You smiled, you really did look forward to seeing Mark again, he was a joy. You started to eat your French toast and Sean pulled out his laptop to tell Mark he could call, Mark responded almost immediately with the call invite.