Cɦǟքȶɛʀ 5

You laid in bed for quite some time that next morning. Last night's count down with Sean seemed odd to you and you couldn't stop thinking about it. Something had definitely upset him, or maybe he was just extremely tired. You knew better than to expect he was just tired though, the way he told you not to worry about it had naturally made you worry more. Your muscles ached from another night of poor sleep, so you were reluctant to get up when your stomach decided you were hungry.

You didn't bother to brush your hair before you walked into the kitchen to get your breakfast. A bit of irritation swelled inside your chest as you caught sight of your grandfather sitting at the table. He completely ignored you, however, to your liking. You didn't feel like talking anyways. 

You sat down at the table, and as soon as you took your seat, your grandfather grunted and left. You sighed and took a bite out of your breakfast, staring across the table, where your pencils and paper were. It's been a while since you drew, so you took the pad of paper and pencils and started doodling, ignoring your breakfast now. 

"What do you have there?" Your grandmother said, entering the room.

"A bunch of crap." You answered, gazing down at your sketches. You knew you could do better if you put your heart into it, but you weren't feeling up to that commitment at that moment.

"You've always been a good artist, (y/n). Don't talk down on yourself. Anyways, I came to give this to you." She said, holding up your locket. You had already forgotten it in the past few days, so as soon as you caught sight of it you felt guilty.

"Oh, where was it?" You asked, taking it back and stuffing it into your pocket.

"Earlier this morning, I went to get some coffee, and it was in the lost and found bin next to the counter. It is yours, right?" She asked.

"Yeah it's mine," You said, remembering taking it out on Christmas when you went to get some coffee. "Thanks for giving it back."

"You're welcome, you can continue drawing now." She said, you could tell she was done talking. You stared back out your doodles, and frowned. You decided to get a new piece of paper out. 

You sketched for a while, and outlined it with a thin tipped pen. The result wasn't bad, you even found yourself enjoying the art again, you had forgotten how much fun drawing was for you.

"If this is the only thing I'm decent at, then there is no way I'll find a job." You murmured to yourself with a sigh. You took your locket out and twirled it in your fingers. I was, well, kinda thinking that you could share it with your future boyfriend. Your father's voice rang in your head as you looked at it. The more you thought about it, the more ridiculous the whole thing seemed. Your dad seemed to care more about your love life than your school life, which seemed messed up.

You agreed with him in some way, however. You needed to get to know people. You haven't really tried socializing much since you moved to your grandparents' place. You also needed money, so a job was ideal. Maybe I can try again, you thought, having a job would be nice. The only problem was, you wanted to do a job you would enjoy, which was nearly impossible to have and earn a good income at the same time. 

Youtubers are lucky.. You thought, They earn money while doing what they love the most. I wish I had it that easy. Becoming a Youtuber would be a dream job that you'd like, but starting up would be hard. Earning money while playing seemed even harder. 

You took out your phone and searched up some local jobs. There were some fast food openings, which you always hated the idea of working with greasy food, and there were some small shops that were offering jobs.